DRC: It's time for the annual "Get Your Rear on the Record" contest

Brett Vito

58 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

6-5

With, by far, the biggest deal for me is to be competitive in the SMU game. An upset win (yes it would be an upset) would be the highlight of the year for me...no matter if or what happens in any potential bowl game. We simply must play SMU tough and show that we are the MEAN Green!

We will beat smuT. Ok...now back to reality. IF we beat SMU we'll be playing well beyond expectations and Houston will have its hands full when we travel to Houston and for that matter our conference foes also.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Everyone is aware of the coronavirus, no need to qualify every prediction.

7-4 and will be in the top 3 in CUSA.  

Look for NT to beat SMU in Denton, they haven't played well there. 

Reasons for optimism:

QB play could improve over a too often injured last year Fine

Rbs and Wrs very strong positions

OL and TE's could be significantly improved.

Defence will be better with excellent LB crew and improved dbs

Novil will be a beast and with McGrae and Colvin, the front three should be one of the best defensive lines in CUSA

Special teams should be stellar

Yes, you could make just as impressive pessimism list, but I believe enough in Littrell to think he will turn it around. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/31/2020 at 8:36 AM, RBP79 said:

6-5 if regular season Is pulled off. Just don't see how you have a bowl season when two P5's and a major G5 have cancelled there fall season.

Big 10 will start at Thanksgiving and a four win Ohio State will be selected for the playoffs by the committee who has delayed their decision date till late Dec now.

As for bowls, ESPN owns most of them and they have fill air time.  The need that Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl to be played so they can sell ad time.

• Upvote 1

Assuming this season is pulled off....

Big10 gets a pass for a bad decision...and the "Playoff Committee" changes their already screwed up college playoff system to pander to the B10..

NCAA changes their 6 win rule so ESPN won't lose their ass off and again pander to the B10.

PAC10 or 12 whatever better jump in there quick!

• Upvote 1

The season - as always in my opinion - comes down to one game: the September 19th meeting with the little cheating school that thinks they're on a hill even though the elevation of Denton is 92 feet higher (look it up).

If North Texas beats SMU at home I could easily see this team going 7-4 or maybe even 8-3.

If they lose, well, for me it doesn't matter what their record is because the season would be over.

Go Mean Green! 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1

32 minutes ago, greenb.o.g. said:

The season - as always in my opinion - comes down to one game: the September 19th meeting with the little cheating school that thinks they're on a hill even though the elevation of Denton is 92 feet higher (look it up).

If North Texas beats SMU at home I could easily see this team going 7-4 or maybe even 8-3.

If they lose, well, for me it doesn't matter what their record is because the season would be over.

Go Mean Green! 

SMU is likely the best team we'll play all year.

If we win that game, we're going somewhere between 11-0 & 9-2.

• Upvote 2

HaHa! In a Tweet Brett Vito called me the "ultimate homer" (which from him I take as a compliment) after I asked how he got us to 6-6 when we only play eleven games. I had not read his article and did not intend too, but after the "homer" comment, I decided to read it...he has us at 12 games after including a prediction for another blowout loss in a bowl game against K State.

Damn, I want to beat SMU soooooooo bad this year! Make it so Mean Green!

🤷‍♂️🤪🤪🤷‍♂️

Edit: I see the downvote. I guess Brett didn’t think it was as funny as I did. 🤣🤣

Edited by KRAM1
  • Downvote 2