DRC: It's time for the annual "Get Your Rear on the Record" contest

Brett Vito

If we find our next Fine and can protect him::7-4 and SL gets an extension

Most likely, if we have growing pains at QB But it’s good enough to beat CUSA West dregs and the coordinators find their way: 5-6 and SL goes into next season with his P5 dream head coaching future completely dependent on winning 8 or more games.

If we get QBs hurt and the lines are as bad as last year on both sides of the ball—3-8 and SL basically has 2021 as a make it or break it year as coach at UNT.

• Upvote 3

As the "defending champion", there is a lot of pressure on me. I do recall receiving a great deal of good natured ribbing on this board for my 7-5 prediction.  If only that was achieved!

I am no mind-reader but I am thinking SL put a lot of confidence in last year, thinking this was going to be a great season and his gateway to a P5 HC job.  Of course this did not happen and he is now stuck with us.  We are going into this season with a QB without any meaningful experience.

I do not think we will play 3 games, much less 11, but here goes: 4-7.

As always, I hope I am wrong.

Edited by letsgiveacheer
  • Upvote 1

I only see 3 wins.  HBU, Charlotte, UTEP.

I just don’t have a lot of faith in these QBs until we see them actually stepping up in games.  If Bean starts all year and has not made a dramatic improvement this could be a 1 win season.  Our offense was absolutely anemic when Fine was out last year.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

I only see 3 wins.  HBU, Charlotte, UTEP.

I just don’t have a lot of faith in these QBs until we see them actually stepping up in games.  If Bean starts all year and has not made a dramatic improvement this could be a 1 win season.  Our offense was absolutely anemic when Fine was out last year.

You could be right here, although I suspect that UTSA is a sure win--they are breaking in a new coach who hasn't really been able to fully coach that team because of covid conditions. I suspect Charlotte will be tougher than UTSA, but I can see those as our 4 wins, plus a win against one of these three: Rice, MUTS, or USM. 

CUSA West, at the bottom, below LT and UAB, really, really sucks badly as you go down from them. The Texas quadrant is just not real good right now at all. That alone, is why I think we get to 4 or 5 wins. If we fall behind the UT-spares, we are in deeper trouble than I ever imagined, like back to the end of the McCarney/Chico days--and I don't think we are anywhere near that bad.

• Upvote 1

6-5

With, by far, the biggest deal for me is to be competitive in the SMU game. An upset win (yes it would be an upset) would be the highlight of the year for me...no matter if or what happens in any potential bowl game. We simply must play SMU tough and show that we are the MEAN Green!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

6-5

With, by far, the biggest deal for me is to be competitive in the SMU game. An upset win (yes it would be an upset) would be the highlight of the year for me...no matter if or what happens in any potential bowl game. We simply must play SMU tough and show that we are the MEAN Green!

I think I feel better about our chances to hang tougher with Houston than I do with SMU, as sad as that is.