Grieving over the loss of UNT tailgating

meangreen11

Always try to be honest on here.  My group and many others have basically decided we will not tailgate this season due to the restrictions.

There is no basis for these restrictions and now we will lose so much of the atmosphere we have developed on the north side.

I am glad we will have a season to watch on TV.  The only ones who will get to see it live will be the biggest donors we have.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 14

2 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

You too can buy season tickets and become one of the biggest donors at UNT for probably $500 bucks a year (or less) per seat.  Sad fact.

Less than that....depending upon location, years removed from graduation, etc.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I guess you can’t have a big tailgate, but y’all are still able to have under 10 with the restrictions 

With tents no larger than 10x10 and only one of those allowed. No adding tents together is being allowed.  How much fun is it going to be to tailgate staying 6 feet away from each other and wearing a mask???????? Just a real bummer, but blame this Coronavirus thingy....what can ya do?

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

In some ways it is true, the biggest sports donors UNT has are it's 4k season ticket holders some of which are in it for only a few hundred dollars each year.

Hence my "sad fact" comment.  

And...In some ways it is not true.  Ha! Ha!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

With tents no larger than 10x10 and only one of those allowed. No adding tents together is being allowed.  How much fun is it going to be to tailgate staying 6 feet away from each other and wearing a mask???????? Just a real bummer, but blame this Coronavirus thingy....what can ya do?

I will make the most out of what we have!! Also, for our group it'll basically be our basketball tailgate amount but with social distancing and stupid masks

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Not sure why so many people are triggered by my assertion it takes almost no dollars at all to be a top Donor at UNT. 

The number of people between your average ticket holder (and donor, because you're compelled to as a ticket holder) and the McNatt & Lovelace families is probably no more than 1k to 2k people.  Probably one of the smallest spreads between the top and bottom in the FBS.

Don't get mad... Do better.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

30 minutes ago, untcampbell said:

I started school at UT and spent enjoyed two seasons with my student tickets on the 45 years line. That was a long time ago.

Then I transferred to North Texas. Best move of my life on about 500 levels.

If I gave what I give NT to UT, I would have zero stadium privileges and just be lost amongst the hundreds of thousands of donors.

Here, I feel like a make a difference. And I am happy to be a part of it. 

Adding more of us little guys only makes things better for our teams. Buy in. Please.

GMG

Its a blessing and a curse. Love my access, but pathetic (in a good way)  with what I've actually given in my time

• Upvote 5

23 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Flipping Burgers GIFs | Tenor

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

On 8/30/2020 at 1:06 AM, meangreen11 said:

There is no basis for these restrictions and now we will lose so much of the atmosphere we have developed on the north side.

The basis is there's a pandemic happening right now. Whether or not you agree with the restrictions is moot. If you want to tailgate fully next year, it may be possible IF people make sacrifices right now. We're lucky we even have the opportunity to attend games. You can still tailgate... you'll just have to make temporary revisions as to how you go about it so that things can "get back to normal". 

On 8/30/2020 at 1:06 AM, meangreen11 said:

am glad we will have a season to watch on TV.  The only ones who will get to see it live will be the biggest donors we have.

This is also completely false. I graduated in December and the ticket office have been very helpful and compliant when I contact them about attending games. 3,000 students can go to each game. Recent graduates can go to games. You can go to games. The whole situation sucks and I'm not trying to gaslight you or anyone else for being upset about it, but if we want 30,000 people tailgating and cheering next year this is what we have to live with this time around. It's fine to be upset, but these restrictions you have an issue with are still very generous given the climate of live sporting events at the moment. 

Edited by WanderingEagle
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1