Breakout Player 2020

Big Z

With how well Darden, Shorter, and likely Simpson will do, my guy might fly a little under the radar, but I expect a lot of production out of Austin Ogunmakin.  I know there's only so many catches to go around, but I expect Ogunmakin to at least quadruple his stats from last year's line of: 6 catches, 88yds, 0TDs.   

I'll say: 29 catches for 401yds, and 4 TDs.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I know he was solid last year, but Deonte Simpson is my pick. 

Now that he has a whole season under his belt, I would think he is one of the top WRs in the C-USA with the raw talent he has

I said it when I watched him in the state title game and i haven't changed my opinion since...that kid is gonna do special things

• Upvote 2

Kason Martin after 5 games - Bean gets pulled after a pick 6 against SMU, his 4th pick of the season.   Aune gets folded in half heading around the corner on a broken play against Charlotte.  Martin gets the call and never gives it up becomes the QB of the future.   Adaway breaks out against UTEP after a few others go out due to over use.  We wonder why Adaway was not used earlier in the year.

We have our triplets for the next 2 years.

• Upvote 2

Asher Alberding

38 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I said it when I watched him in the state title game and i haven't changed my opinion since...that kid is gonna do special things

I also remember Jevin Murray and being excited he was coming here.  He was dominate in that game.

Just now, MeanGreen_MBA said:

How about both Siggers AND Adaway go for +100 yards each. 
3 QB’s combine for +400 yards

With two weeks between the HBU game and SMU, I could see that one making extra sense for Siggers to sit. Give him an extra two weeks to get near 100% since he was only recently cleared for contact.

I think we’ll see Torrey, Nic Smith, and maybe even Isaiah Johnson since this would be a good game to get him some action and still have 3 more to preserve his redshirt.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

With two weeks between the HBU game and SMU, I could see that one making extra sense for Siggers to sit. Give him an extra two weeks to get near 100% since he was only recently cleared for contact.

I think we’ll see Torrey, Nic Smith, and maybe even Isaiah Johnson since this would be a good game to get him some action and still have 3 more to preserve his redshirt.

Do redshirts even happen this season if it’s doesn’t count as a year of eligibility? I honestly have no clue

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Do redshirts even happen this season if it’s doesn’t count as a year of eligibility? I honestly have no clue

It’s a good question, and I’m not sure the NCAA has really expanded on it. My guess is the coaches will proceed like normal with redshirts unless it is explicitly stated that this will be the case.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

I think us, Navy, and Memphis gave smu fits on the run game last year. Surprised me