Predict wins?

MeanGreen_MBA

44 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I haven’t seen this yet this year?  Did I miss it?  

anyway....

I have Mean Green at 9-2 this year. 

9-2?!?!?!?!   what the hell are you drinking? i want some of that!  props to you for being so optimistic....i'm just not seeing it...i'll be happy with 5 wins...too many questions on both sides of the ball

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, THOR said:

9-2?!?!?!?!   what the hell are you drinking? i want some of that!  props to you for being so optimistic....i'm just not seeing it...i'll be happy with 5 wins...too many questions on both sides of the ball

My exact thought lol

We should win some conference games, but 9 wins is insane considering we don't have a QB

• Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, THOR said:

Had to get the ball rolling. My green glasses are usually tuned a positive outlook. Hope I am right. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

6-5 seems optimistic - wins against HBU, Charlotte, UTSA, UTEP, Rice and Middle....the Rice and Middle wins feel like a stretch and since we got embarrassed in Charlotte last year it's hard to call that a given. Man those losses at Charlotte and ODU the last couple years make me want to puke.  Those losses and last year to Rice were just some of the biggest nut kicks. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

With Littrell taking back the offensive playcalling duties & bringing coaches Bowen & Ekeler back, along with a legit OL coach in Bloesch... I expect some improved play, even breaking in a new QB. Give me 8-3 at best.  6-5 at worst.

Agreed. After last year’s debacle of a season, there should be no excuses to not see significant improvement. 6 wins at minimum. Littrell managed 5 wins his first year with what he inherited from the previous regime. There is no reason we can’t expect to at least be Bowl eligible.

Hope everyone remembers and takes to heart the “This will be the last year North Texas watches bowl season from home” tweet when coach first arrived. We have to expect more than last year.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Upset over SMU in Denton and go 2-2 in oc.  Challenge for league title going 5-2.   7-4 and local bowl.  

How did a team with two 9 win seasons in a row only win 4 last year?   That happened, but many seem to think a team cannot go from 4 wins to 7.  

firefly GIF

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

We will beat HBU, UTEP, UTSA, and two of these games (Rice, Charlotte, and MUTS). Losses to SMU, UH, LT, USM, and UAB.

5-6, find a QB, develop new coordinators, and see the young talent get some experience, which leads to a big season in 2021.

I am thinking something similar but I think we should win the games we are supposed to and lose the ones we should lose. So optimistic 6-5. I just hope we avoid our usual one game letdown (UTSA, ODU, Charlotte) this year and beat all weaker teams. 

• Upvote 2

5-6

I expect better, unfortunately I think the shimmer is starting to wear off and Littrell might be exposed for what he is. A middling offensive minded coach that lucked into a once in a generation QB. 

Closer to a Kevin Wilson rather than a Mike Leach or Art Briles.

I'd love to be proved wrong. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

14 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Upset over SMU in Denton and go 2-2 in oc.  Challenge for league title going 5-2.   7-4 and local bowl.  

How did a team with two 9 win seasons in a row only win 4 last year?   That happened, but many seem to think a team cannot go from 4 wins to 7.  

If we beat SMU, God I hope we do, I will jump back in to the Kool-Aid bowl. 

Building lines take time, and they were lacking on each side of the ball. Plus a new QB. 

I would love to see a perfect season, I would really like for us to knock off SMU and Houston and that might make my whole season. I feel this will be a full rebuild year at this time.

But we should be able to expect 7-4 season minimum in this conference any down year.