HBU Game Time

Big Z

Simply incredible with all of the sports channels looking for content that won't be filled with NBA or NHL we can't get somewhere else other than ESPN3.  What a joke.  

Maybe whatever weak television rights deal we have in place means we can't just move to FS or CBSSN?  

ESPNEWS right now is slated to show cornhole at that time!

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 2

28 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Way more options than just ESPN.
ESPN2, ESPNU, ABC, Fox, FSSW, FS1, etc...
Streaming only is disappointing, but apt I guess, considering we flopped hard last year, lost Mason Fine, and we're playing a FCS school... 

I mean we don't really have a good TV deal, and you said it. If we went 6-6 or something better, we might've seen something better

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, SouthBendGreen said:

Simply incredible with all of the sports channels looking for content that won't be filled with NBA or NHL we can't get somewhere else other than ESPN3.  What a joke.  

Maybe whatever weak television rights deal we have in place means we can't just move to FS or CBSSN?  

ESPNEWS right now is slated to show cornhole at that time!

We are playing Houston Baptist. If we were playing even a Sun Belt team it would be a different story. 

• Upvote 4
  • RV 3

Our Television deals are part of Judy's grand plan that so far has failed to materialize. You would think she would be out there pushing for more TV exposure this year. Perhaps she is and HBU just isn't pulling in enough interest. I would think college FB fans just want to watch some football.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Streaming only is disappointing, but apt I guess, considering we flopped hard last year, lost Mason Fine, and we're playing a FCS school... 

Fox, FS1 and FSSW hold no rights to any games being played on the opening weekend and the only to get any rights would have been sub license from ESPN or CBSSN.

The question is why isn't CUSA primary partner CBSSN taking any of the three CUSA games that weekend. They aren't even carrying any games and hold no rights to NHL, NBA, MLB or even the US Open Tennis which will dominant ESPN2 that weekend.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Arkstfan said:

Fox, FS1 and FSSW hold no rights to any games being played on the opening weekend and the only to get any rights would have been sub license from ESPN or CBSSN.

The question is why isn't CUSA primary partner CBSSN taking any of the three CUSA games that weekend. They aren't even carrying any games and hold no rights to NHL, NBA, MLB or even the US Open Tennis which will dominant ESPN2 that weekend.

They do have Southern Miss vs USA on a Thursday

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Withers940 said:

When's the last time we had a noon game in September...At Home?

The only one I can think of is the Smut Game during the McCarney era where we whooped that a$$

The Ball State game in 2013 may have been a noon game. That was a scorcher! My wife exited to the concourse seeking shade  shortly after kickoff. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

There are 9 games that week and one is played Thursday night. So there are a grand total of 8 games that Saturday and we get streaming only. That is a failure of galactic proportions.  There are literally more networks that carry college football than there are games...and we get streaming. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

Just now, GreenFlag said:

There are 9 games that week and one is played Thursday night. So there are a grand total of 8 games that Saturday and we get streaming only. That is a failure of galactic proportions.  There are literally more networks that carry college football than there are games...and we get streaming. 

There is almost nothing more "North Texas" than that... 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1

20 minutes ago, GreenFlag said:

I was wrong. There are only six games that Saturday. Six. 

• Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1

11 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

This. How does anyone think this is an attractive game for the networks?

• RV 1