SEC Shorts - 2020 Road Trip video

ADLER

51 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Problem is...   at least the AAC showed up in the video.   C-USA & SunBelt are playing too, but too insignificant to even mention.

Its only a problem if you believe we should be playing at the same level of ball as those P5 NFL-lite factories. 

The punt return was not mentioned,  but the bit was that Arkansas was a bratty little kid wanting to go sign up for football and his Mom wouldn't take him.  During the episode, his Mom reminds him how hurt he was when Arkansas lost to North Texas.  She says maybe he (Arkansas) should stick to track and field or golf. 

It's my favorite SEC Shorts for obvious reasons.

GO MEAN GREEN 

2 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

The best part was when the Big XII said "We have to ask Texas first, but otherwise we're in"

So true...and funny, because OU is the powerhouse in that conference

And then there's this...

Absolutely no one has ever done less with more than the Texas Longhorns.

Most money in college athletics...sit in the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country as the premier program in the state...play in a very mediocre conference that they basically own, financially and media-wise...

And then go out and lose 4-7 games a year. Since 2010, its one thing to lose to OU(almost every time), LSU, ND, USC, and even Okie State. But they have been owned by TCU and KSU. They have lost games to Iowa State, Baylor, WVU, Maryland (twice), and KANSAS (yes, in football).

And there is absolutely nothing about their current coach that makes me believe they have the guy to lead them back to glory...who, come to think of it, might actually be coaching at UNC right now.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Absolutely no one has ever done less with more than the Texas Longhorns

I think A&M takes them to task for that. At least Texas has a recent championship to rest their heads upon. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

I think A&M takes them to task for that. At least Texas has a recent championship to rest their heads upon. 

You have an interesting definition of “recent.”  

I don’t think a kid entering their sophomore year of high school would be referred to as “recently born.”  

• Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

13 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

At least Texas has a recent championship to rest their heads upon. 

I'm not so sure about "recent." Children born the year Texas last won the national championship are in high school today and are almost old enough to drive.

13 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

You have an interesting definition of “recent.”  

I don’t think a kid entering their sophomore year of high school would be referred to as “recently born.”  

It's not so interesting. It is more recent than A&M's or UNT's.  

27 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

I'm not so sure about "recent." Children born the year Texas last won the national championship are in high school today and are almost old enough to drive.

Sure - not so recent if you want to try and setup a strawman. I didn't claim it was as recent as yesterday.. but when I was in college, I liked to talk about we almost beat Texas if we hadn't be screwed by the officials a shady out of bounds call. Yet - that was easily 20 years prior to my being at UNT.  So to me, that felt fairly recent. 

It doesn't take away from my  comment that A&M has equal money and facilities and has done less with it. They even took their talents to the SEC and are as equal mediocre as their B12 iteration. 

• Eye Roll 1

47 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Sure - not so recent if you want to try and setup a strawman. I didn't claim it was as recent as yesterday.. but when I was in college, I liked to talk about we almost beat Texas if we hadn't be screwed by the officials a shady out of bounds call. Yet - that was easily 20 years prior to my being at UNT.  So to me, that felt fairly recent. 

It doesn't take away from my  comment that A&M has equal money and facilities and has done less with it. They even took their talents to the SEC and are as equal mediocre as their B12 iteration. 

You can make an argument that since the Big XII formed in 1996, so almost 25 years now, overall, OU and LSU have both severely out performed the Texas underachievers. Again, there is absolutely no reason that UT shouldn't be Ohio State or Georgia every year. They are the state's flagship university and have the state's media on their side. And they now play in a very watered down league. That they haven't won that conference since 2009 is just amazing to me. These schools have Big XII titles in the last 10 years: OU, OSU, KSU, TCU, and Baylor. At least the Aggies are looking up at actual powers in Alabama, LSU, Auburn, and Georgia. Granted, the Aggies will probably never break thru against that gauntlet, either, but at least they are competing against the best teams the NCAA has to offer. UT is playing OU and several lesser programs every year and still can't win their conference even once??

3 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

And the national championship game they won is generally considered the best game of our generation and among the best all time. It gets talked about and replayed all the time. VY also considered one of, if not the, most exciting college players in the last 20-30 years. I couldn’t name the national champions for most years but I will never forget that game. It was epic. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

And the national championship game they won is generally considered the best game of our generation and among the best all time. It gets talked about and replayed all the time. VY also considered one of, if not the, most exciting college players in the last 20-30 years. I couldn’t name the national champions for most years but I will never forget that game. It was epic. 

Just so no one thinks I’ve got some UT hatred, that game is probably the best game of college football I’ve witnessed. And I truly believe if Colt McCoy hadn’t gotten hurt against Alabama in 2009, Texas would’ve gotten another title. Mack Brown had it rolling down there until he couldn’t find a decent QB for his system.

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Agree 100%

• Upvote 1