Mean Green Adoption Thread...but with a Twist

time to reboot the tried and true it must be football season thread. this year though, I think we should up the ante.

we'll start with normal rules...pick your player, post some stats after each game

but given 2020 is such a different season and pushing forward with a game during a pandemic means a real assessment of what we prioritize. I think we should make things a bit more fun:

- if your adoptee contracts COVID-19 during the season you make a $1000 donation to the Mean Green Scholarship fund
 - if your adoptee contracts COVID-19 during the season and requires a respirator, it's $5000 to the World Health Organization
 - if your adoptee dies of COVID-19 during the season, $10,000 to their family and toward their funeral and final expenses

I've had Deion Hair-Griffen since he arrived on campus so I'll stick with him. 

GMG

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • RV 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 6

Last year was probably the biggest disappointment I've ever had in terms of production from my adopted player (outside of that ACU game... boy did he kill it in that game!).     Rico, best of luck to you in the future.

Now that it's a new season, I'll stay in the WR room & go for a guy I'm expecting to break out this year:
Austin Ogunmakin
huCh2BJk.jpg

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Don’t switch horses mid stream I guess so sticking with Jo Jo

I think he is the last McCarney recruit too. Not saying that is a bad thing. I felt the same about the last Dodge recruit. I think it was Marcus Smith but I may have just forgotten who it actually was. I knew at the time. It’s kind of a neat nostalgia to me.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

time to reboot the tried and true it must be football season thread. this year though, I think we should up the ante.

we'll start with normal rules...pick your player, post some stats after each game

but given 2020 is such a different season and pushing forward with a game during a pandemic means a real assessment of what we prioritize. I think we should make things a bit more fun:

- if your adoptee contracts COVID-19 during the season you make a $1000 donation to the Mean Green Scholarship fund
 - if your adoptee contracts COVID-19 during the season and requires a respirator, it's $5000 to the World Health Organization
 - if your adoptee dies of COVID-19 during the season, $10,000 to their family and toward their funeral and final expenses

I've had Deion Hair-Griffen since he arrived on campus so I'll stick with him. 

GMG

so this shit is fine, yet the eagle's nest is closed???  makes perfect sense...this is douchebaging pathetic...and no i didn't say douchebaging or whatever it changes too

edit:   love how he ties a donation to the severity of someone's sickness...makes perfect sense...so should we root for cases and death?  douchebaging pathetic

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 2
  • RV 2
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

If he is still available......

I select Oscar Adaway III with my first round pick.

Adaway_III_Oscar_Jersey_FB20.jpg?width=3

Since I first saw his high school highlights, I thought this guy will be a beast for us one day. Well, I think this season will be his coming out party.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I think he is the last McCarney recruit too. Not saying that is a bad thing. I felt the same about the last Dodge recruit. I think it was Marcus Smith but I may have just forgotten who it actually was. I knew at the time. It’s kind of a neat nostalgia to me.

Yes I think both were grey shirts. I really thought Jo was a marginal recruit but he is having a nice career here even if not a star. It wouldn’t surprise me if one of the young guys pushes him out or eats up a lot of his playing time. But we don’t abandon our kids, right. Plus he has a lot of experience out there and there is something to be said for a crafty veteran. 

I can also pull a Lifer and just claim a few extra guys later too! 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, THOR said:

so this shit is fine, yet the eagle's nest is closed???  makes perfect sense...this is douchebaging pathetic...and no i didn't say douchebaging or whatever it changes too

edit:   love how he ties a donation to the severity of someone's sickness...makes perfect sense...so should we root for cases and death?  douchebaging pathetic

would it have been better if I just offered to buy you a beer if your adoptee dies?

• Haha 3
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 6