Mason Fine

DeepGreen

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, ADLER said:

I wish Mason had redshirted after playing the first four games last season.

He could have then played this season without it counting against his eligibility, and then played again next year for his final senior season.

Whew! Think about the NCAA records that could be set.

If anything, given the turbulence of this year, it could have hurt him more than not redshirting. I think he would have been better off transferring for his senior season.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 12

20 hours ago, ADLER said:

I wish Mason had redshirted after playing the first four games last season.

He could have then played this season without it counting against his eligibility, and then played again next year for his final senior season.

Whew! Think about the NCAA records that could be set.

Or just Redshirted his Freshman season like a normal person. 5 wins was great after going 1-11, but we would have been happy here with just 3 that year lol. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

47 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

Or just Redshirted his Freshman season like a normal person. 5 wins was great after going 1-11, but we would have been happy here with just 3 that year lol. 

I think that was more about someone thinking they wouldn’t still be here for a Mason Fine redshirt senior year.

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I think that was more about someone thinking they wouldn’t still be here for a Mason Fine redshirt senior year.

What an awful and pessimistic take (which I know is ironic coming from me). SL could have left us in the dust for the ****hole that is KState for more money and didn't.  No idea how this season is going to turn out, but in the offseason I couldn't think of a realistic candidate that would come here and do a better job.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

What an awful and pessimistic take (which I know is ironic coming from me). SL could have left us in the dust for the ****hole that is KState for more money and didn't.  No idea how this season is going to turn out, but in the offseason I couldn't think of a realistic candidate that would come here and do a better job.

He didn’t leave us for KState because they wouldn’t let him get rid of all the old KState assistants and pay his guys what he wanted. He didn’t leave us for KState because of his coaching staff, not because of some warm feeling for North Texas. If he knew 2019 would’ve been a 4-8 season here he would’ve cut bait and ran regardless of the staff issue. He’s a good coach and a popular one but if we have even moderate success this season I don’t see how he stays again if the P5 come snooping around. He won’t make the same mistake twice.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

6 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

He didn’t leave us for KState because they wouldn’t let him get rid of all the old KState assistants and pay his guys what he wanted. He didn’t leave us for KState because of his coaching staff, not because of some warm feeling for North Texas. If he knew 2019 would’ve been a 4-8 season here he would’ve cut bait and ran regardless of the staff kiddie. He’s a good coach and a popular one but if we have even moderate success this season I don’t see how he stays again if the P5 come snooping around. He won’t make the same mistake twice.

Why on earth are y’all still talking about K State rumors that were the biggest smoke screen ever... old

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1