New O-Line Regime

https://247sports.com/college/north-texas/Article/North-Texas-Mean-Green-football-mike-bloesch-Manase-Mose-lead-new-regime-on-O-Line-in-2020-150460554/

"There’s a cautious optimism about creating a consistency that’s been absent, but beyond that, the future is unquestionably promising. With nine three-star signees between the classes of 2019 and 2020, there’s never been so many talented young players waiting for their opportunity." 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Why should Littrell get a pass if he only wins 3 or 4 conference games?

NT has too much going for them to be happy with a bad year, and yes if LIttrell doesn't at least substantially improve the team, it should be goodby. 

Ol guess: Tackles Brammer and Parrish, Guards Gray and Turpin, center Mose will start season opener.

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 3

12 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

NT has too much going for them to be happy with a bad year, and yes if LIttrell doesn't at least substantially improve the team, it should be goodby. 

Ol guess: Tackles Brammer and Parrish, Guards Gray and Turpin, center Mose will start season opener.

I agree with every word of this.

• Downvote 2

49 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

So, anyone want to take a shot at predicting the named starters?  I'll go first:

Center: Mose

Guards: Gray & Carroll

Tackles: Brammer & Parish

If I'm not mistaken, Manase Mose is a Guard. Maybe they switch him, but I know Sosaia Mose was the Center last year

10 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

If I'm not mistaken, Manase Mose is a Guard. Maybe they switch him, but I know Sosaia Mose was the Center last year

Manase is moving to center. Was somewhat expected, but now confirmed.

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

So, anyone want to take a shot at predicting the named starters?  I'll go first:

Center: Mose

Guards: Gray & Carroll

Tackles: Brammer & Parish

Pretty much the same for me. I’d swap Brown for Carroll. Been getting some shoutouts and I think he cracked the 2-deep before Carroll last year. Also really liked his footwork in his HS film, just needed to add weight and he did.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Manase is moving to center. Was somewhat expected, but now confirmed.

Pretty much the same for me. I’d swap Brown for Carroll. Been getting some shoutouts and I think he cracked the 2-deep before Carroll last year. Also really liked his footwork in his HS film, just needed to add weight and he did.

You don't think we see Turpin?

I've been thrown off by the switching of Mose from guard to center so I'm not sure where I stand now.  I was figuring that maybe Carroll took over the center spot.  He was a very good center in high school.  But I'm not sure that I see him starting at the guard spot.

So center will be Mose, the guards will be Gray and Turpin and the tackles Brammer and Byers for my picks.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, southsideguy said:

as long as the center can hike the ball to the qb, we had a problem with that last year.

It'll be okay.  We replaced that center with his broth....

Nevermind Ignore It GIF - Nevermind IgnoreIt GildaRadner ...

I kid.  I think Manase will have an All-Conference year.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Haha 1

I thought Turpin was recruited as a tackle?

If I had to guess I'd say Parish/Turpin- Gray- Mose- Brown- Brammer

I am curious to see what the RS Freshman have to offer. Cassidy, Brunner, Byers have all had a year in the system and all have good size. 

It's nice to see some actual depth on the line. Hopefully we can get some consistency there.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

It all depends on QB play. Whoever it is has got to be capable of stretching the field with his arm with accuracy. If not, we'll see 8 men in the box taking away the run. 5-6 men can't block 8. If we get good QB play, then look out!