What are you doing with your season tickets?

Moobs

What are you doing with your season tickets?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What are you doing with your season tickets?

• Keep 'em and hope to get the same seats or sit somewhere else
    • Request a refund
    • Donate payments made to the MGSF
    • Apply payments made to future UNT athletic events

On 8/19/2020 at 4:40 PM, tmjerm said:

How many total season tickets are there?  It's probably not far from the 25% capacity allowed.  Would be nice to know the season ticket holder : student ratio...I'd like to have the option to go to games but don't want to be sitting on my tickets without using them (2 hours away,  2 young kids) when others can make it.  

It's quite possible that whatever seats the season ticket holders do not buy end up going to the students.  The students pay a lot in athletic fees every year.  They should be given access to a lot of tickets before they go on sale to the general public.  And I would think they would have the numbers to fill up whatever seats aren't paid for by season ticket holders.

If this happens, it could also create a little supply/demand issue for seats.  It's an interesting plot twist. 🤔

• Upvote 1
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1

12 hours ago, Moobs said:

It's quite possible that whatever seats the season ticket holders do not buy end up going to the students.  The students pay a lot in athletic fees every year.  They should be given access to a lot of tickets before they go on sale to the general public.  And I would think they would have the numbers to fill up whatever seats aren't paid for by season ticket holders.

If this happens, it could also create a little supply/demand issue for seats.  It's an interesting plot twist. 🤔

Also recent graduates get the free or reduced tickets, and some have said that they have heard nothing from the athletic department

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I guess I'll see where I am Monday at 2pm.   I've been a season ticket holder since I graduated in '01 so I would think that keeps me from moving from my seats on the 50 to the 10 yard line 😁

I had to move my Monday morning call to Wednesday so that I can continue to sit with my group that has less points.  That should move you that much closer to the 50.   My gift. 

• Upvote 2

I haven't received any email about ticket selection. I just logged into my account, which shows my priority points ranking is 566 of 4820.  I take it that would mean I should be far enough up the list to make a pick at some point.  I triple-checked email and junk folder and have nothing.  Guessing I need to call someone or email to check on what has happened with my notice?

• Upvote 2
  • RV 1

15 minutes ago, jredallas said:

I haven't received any email about ticket selection. I just logged into my account, which shows my priority points ranking is 566 of 4820.  I take it that would mean I should be far enough up the list to make a pick at some point.  I triple-checked email and junk folder and have nothing.  Guessing I need to call someone or email to check on what has happened with my notice?

You should for sure call. I was ranked somewhere in the 900’s and my time is Wednesday at 9 am. You definitely should have gotten an email if you renewed or purchased season tickets 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

You should for sure call. I was ranked somewhere in the 900’s and my time is Wednesday at 9 am. You definitely should have gotten an email if you renewed or purchased season tickets 

I called and was told Tuesday at 9 AM.  They are apparently going to be sending out a second round of email notices since a number of people have been calling that they haven't received one.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jredallas said:

Where do you go on the site to see your points? 

• Upvote 2

Looks like I missed the email from 3 days ago. Haven't gotten my August 18-28 Hub Club placement call.  I answered the questionnaire from a few months ago saying I had every intention of being there as long as there were games.  My HC tix aren't exactly 50 yd line. I assume they can only get better if they move.

Hope they still have the Hub Club macaroni... even if they have to serve it to us.

I can't find my placement I thought I saw it was 1600 something last year.  I'm pretty sure the MGSF hasn't taken my required donation this year though for the tickets.

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle

On 8/19/2020 at 11:48 PM, NTEX91 said:

My guess is the semester will end in everyone being sent home for online school and football will be cut short if it starts at all.  Hope I am wrong!  I’ll hang up and listen.

Well, you’re already half-correct. It was announced much earlier in the summer that the Call semester would end fully online remote after the Thanksgiving Break to prevent potential spread from family travel. Lots of schools have signed onto that including public grade schools I believe.

• Lovely Take 1

On 8/20/2020 at 12:04 PM, KRAM1 said:

Tailgating is out...per a "highly placed source" in the Athletic Dept.

Well...so much for that “highly placed source”. 🤔🤔🤔. Wren now saying families can “cook a burger”.....  Not sure how that’s going to work out. People are asked to police themselves on numbers. Just don’t see that working out well. So, who in the athletic dept. will get to be the “tailgate police” and drive a golf cart around and count people? I think you either allow tailgating or you don’t. Going to be upset folks trying anything else. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 8/21/2020 at 7:47 PM, THOR said:

so does this mean that we only have 4820 season ticket holders?

referencing jredallas' post

I think it’s worse than that. I think that’s the number of people that have made donations/purchases to even have priority points for the university. 

• Upvote 3
  • RV 1
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

On 8/23/2020 at 7:26 AM, Moobs said:

I think it’s worse than that. I think that’s the number of people that have made donations/purchases to even have priority points for the university. 

If we can't get more season ticket holders than this, with some recent success, a very nice stadium, and improved home OOC opponents of late, at what point do you ask yourself if this is ever going to be a big deal here in Denton for UNT Football to ever truly matter?

• Upvote 2
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

improved home OOC opponents

This is the key.  Do you think Baylor would have the high attendance average if they weren't playing teams like UT and OU every other year?  When Kansas comes into town no one attends.  This is the one thing that has hurt NT.  Conference affiliation is very important in relation to attendance.  The second issue is that NT has never been able to capitalize on momentum.  Every once in awhile, ie 2013 NT will stick it's head out of the tortise shell and show that they may finally be awakening the sleeping giant. Then they blow it.  A great example of this phenomenon would be the LA Tech game from a couple of years ago when they unveiled the Mean Joe statue.  As per usual, NT choked late in the game and lost a great chance to build on momentum.  

I do think that with the facility improvements and growth in and around Denton county, there are enough college football fans that you should be able to grow the attendance with just marginal improvements in recruiting and performance on the field.

• Upvote 5

I cant select my tickets until Tuesday at 11:30 and I will be madder than a wet hen if I don't get to sit close to where I have been sitting since the stadium opened. I feel like loyalty should be worth more than they are calculating. This will be my 10th year as a season ticket holder and they are only going back to 2018??? I know a lot of you on here have been season tickets holders for a long time but this $h!t crazy.

I know we are in difficult times and difficult decision have to be made but I hope to God that Im not bumped out by some fancy rich dude that was bumped from the Club level 

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 11.55.04 AM.png

• Upvote 1
  • RV 1
  • Sad 1

Could be totally off base but;

It looks like from the online seating chart that no seats have been made available on the isle. In the 200 section it looks like the seats go one row of 4 seats (3-6), then 2 seats (14-15) and then 4 seats (22-26). Then the next row 2 seats (9-10) and 2 more seats (19-20). This configuration alternates every other row.

Lower bowl the rows seem to go 4 seats (3-6), 2 seats (14-15), 2 seats (19-20). Then the next row 2 seats (9-10) and 4 seats (23-26)

Edited by mgsteve

2 hours ago, Withers940 said:

I cant select my tickets until Tuesday at 11:30 and I will be madder than a wet hen if I don't get to sit close to where I have been sitting since the stadium opened. I feel like loyalty should be worth more than they are calculating. This will be my 10th year as a season ticket holder and they are only going back to 2018??? I know a lot of you on here have been season tickets holders for a long time but this $h!t crazy.

I know we are in difficult times and difficult decision have to be made but I hope to God that Im not bumped out by some fancy rich dude that was bumped from the Club level 

You should have points in your "Points awarded BEFORE June 30, 2018" - if you don't, there may be a problem.

2 hours ago, Withers940 said:

I had the same thing, and I've been a Season Ticket holder since 2016. I'm not happy, and I've already been moved so if im sitting high up there will be a problem.

• Upvote 1