Enrollment

MCMLXXX

35 minutes ago, chomp said:

The last word that faculty received last week was that fall enrollment count was up by 2.5% thus far. Student retention is also up considerably. If these numbers hold, what UNT has managed to do in terms of student enrollment in this environment is nothing short of impressive. 

All my neighbors are sending their kids to colleges including UNT.  I agree that having enrollment rise in these conditions is impressive for UNT.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, chomp said:

The last word that faculty received last week was that fall enrollment count was up by 2.5% thus far. Student retention is also up considerably. If these numbers hold, what UNT has managed to do in terms of student enrollment in this environment is nothing short of impressive. 

Huge increase in new Master's students to boot, which was a population we were lagging in for the last seven years.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Even though the pandemic creates challenges, universities often see surges when there is massive unemployment as people see second degrees or higher level degrees to make themselves more marketable or switch careers. I believe it also happened in 2008-09.

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/10/2020 at 10:36 PM, UNTLifer said:

We should add a Mean Green Job board. We could used it to post job openings and those looking for work could post their interest or what they are looking for.  This should be a great way to network and support our fellow alumni.

I agree.  Ahem, so I could have a place to post this:  https://uscorporatecareers-7-eleven.icims.com/jobs/102044/sr-manager%2c-it-governance%2c-risk-%26-compliance/job

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1