RIP--Bill Yeoman

LongJim

8 minutes ago, AACP6 said:

Surely the people of Denton know that a pissing contest against the city of Houston would not end well. Surely this is common knowledge, right?

Well, if you like humidity and mosquitoes and fat people, Houston does have that going for them.

All Denton has is arts and education...you know, the stuff that enhances humanity.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Well, if you like humidity and mosquitoes and fat people, Houston does have that going for them.

All Denton has is arts and education...you know, the stuff that enhances humanity.

Denton has arts,jazz,hippies and Doctor Phil. That's about it. Oh wait..even Dr. Phil left Denton. What about Norah Jones? Surely she still lives there, she's a musician! Oh no? She left too?💀

• Ray 1
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Not sure but we had a couple of annoying unt fans on our boards before the game last year. Spamming the same thing over and over. Clown us all you want just please leave CBY out of it. He saw the value in everything. Even the city denton folk don't like. 

• Upvote 2
  • RV 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, AACP6 said:

Denton has arts,jazz,hippies and Doctor Phil. That's about it. Oh wait..even Dr. Phil left Denton. What about Norah Jones? Surely she still lives there, she's a musician! Oh no? She left too?💀

Houston has its Oilers...oh, wait they left.,   D'Eriq King?  Gone.  Jim Nantz?  Gone.  Freddy Couples?  Gone.  Two can play that stupid game.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

My dad played for him 76-79 their first four years in the SWC.  Won 3 championships and 2/3 cotton bowls.  Only loss was the chicken soup game which I’ll not elaborate on bc it is the most nauseating story.  I met Coach several times and he was gracious and humble.  My dad’s journey as a quarterback surrounded by a ton of talent was a very competitive one and it was difficult but he has always held Coach in the highest regard.  He was a man of integrity (regardless of probations) and a brilliant innovator.  

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2

On 8/15/2020 at 2:53 PM, greenminer said:

In zero ways was my post a dig on the man.  There is a ton of classless banter on sports boards.  This is not an example of it.

You're right it was just the perfect time for you to say something unrelated. I guess that's better but not by much. 

• Haha 2