Bean drops back to throw....

MeanGreen01

During seven 7-on-7 drills, redshirt sophomore quarterback Jason Bean (Mansfield) connected with redshirt sophomore receiver Roderic Burns (Houston) for a 20-yard gain, fitting the throw into a tight window.

Bean and senior receiver Jaelon Darden (Houston) connected on a 65-yard touchdown during the team period, where Bean showcased his arm strength, getting the ball to Darden ahead of the safety, and then Darden darted past the safety and made his way to paydirt.

Bean picked out redshirt senior receiver Deion Hair-Griffin (Fort Worth) for a 20-plus yard gain on a well-placed ball, which allowed Hair-Griffin to make a sliding grab safely away from the defender.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Remember the good ol’ days, when people said Mason would never be successful because he “couldn’t complete a deep ball” or “couldn’t see over D1 linemen to throw” or “couldn’t protect the football”?  

If I’m Jason Bean, I’d remember those days and remind people that Seth makes the calls instead of fans for a reason.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

4 hours ago, MeanGreen01 said:

Sorry this is the whole video from today.

Well thrown ball by Bean.  Shorter got out-muscled there.  Not a big deal because we’ve seen what Shorter can do!

Nice play by Gaddie.  We’ve had high expectations of him since he signed his LOI.  Hopefully he busts out this year.

Still think Bean is the man to beat right now.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Well thrown ball by Bean.  Shorter got out-muscled there.  Not a big deal because we’ve seen what Shorter can do!

Nice play by Gaddie.  We’ve had high expectations of him since he signed his LOI.  Hopefully he busts out this year.

Still think Bean is the man to beat right now.

It was a far thrown ball, but I don’t know about well thrown.  Receiver looked more like he was about to receive a punt than being hit in stride.  Definitely under thrown..  

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

It was a far thrown ball, but I don’t know about well thrown.  Receiver looked more like he was about to receive a punt than being hit in stride.  Definitely under thrown..  

Agreed. I thought it was a pretty poor throw. Shorter had a step on Gaddie and Bean made him turn back to get it. Not a great recipe for success, even for a guy with Shorter's size.

12 hours ago, Marty said:

Nice play by Gaddie. Excited to see what he can do this season. 

That was a difficult call for me on that play considering those are my two adopted players in Gaddie and Shorter.  Those two are going to do big things this year.

7 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Agreed. I thought it was a pretty poor throw. Shorter had a step on Gaddie and Bean made him turn back to get it. Not a great recipe for success, even for a guy with Shorter's size.

"Poor throw"?   No, a "poor throw" would not be placed where a receiver can make a play.
Gaddie didn't even have his head turned around from what I can see.  The throw was fine.
Shorter had the chance to catch it, went up first, and lost his battle as Gaddie read his receiver's eyes/hands, and made the play.   Gaddie should be praised instead of chiding Bean.
If you expect any QB to hit his receivers in stride every time, I have bad news for you.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

"Poor throw"?   No, a "poor throw" would not be placed where a receiver can make a play.
Gaddie didn't even have his head turned around from what I can see.  The throw was fine.
Shorter had the chance to catch it, went up first, and lost his battle as Gaddie read his receiver's eyes/hands, and made the play.   Gaddie should be praised instead of chiding Bean.
If you expect any QB to hit his receivers in stride every time, I have bad news for you.

If you expect our WR's to catch every jump ball against good DB's, I have bad news for you. 

We can agree to disagree on that one.

Either way, I'm still not convinced Bean is going to give us the best chance to win, even if he can run a 4.3. I'd love to be proven wrong on that one though. I just want to win.

• Upvote 1