What is the refund process

emmitt01

8 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Since the cancellation of the season is now just a matter of “when”, what is the process to issue refunds to those of us who have already paid for season tickets we cannot use?  

I love my university, but I won’t pay for a season that never happened.  

You are not alone.  Most don't have enough money to pay for a cancelled season.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I already did that with conference basketball tournament tickets that I bought and was never able to use.  

The financial dire straits up there aren’t due to people like me who religiously buy tickets, they’re due to the thousands of alumni they’ve never managed to convince to give ANYTHING

Indeed, I know you’ve more than done your part over the years. 

• Upvote 1

If I remember correctly, they’ve said we’ll have 3 options. 
1. consider it a donation to the program and forget about it. 
2. apply the funds towards next years tickets, which will probably be more expensive in an effort to recoup some lost income. 
3. Request a refund. 

I'm assuming none of this applies to the MGSF donation part of the season ticket purchase. I think that part will be non refundable. 

• Upvote 1

If any portion of the 2020 home football schedule is impacted by COVID-19 resulting in games being cancelled or the number of in-person fans being limited, Mean Green season ticket holders will have the option to apply payments to future UNT Athletics events, convert payments to donations to the Mean Green Scholarship Fund or receive a refund.”

https://meangreensports.com/news/2020/5/26/tickets-mean-green-football-season-ticket-assurance-program-announced.aspx

• Upvote 3

Correct me if I'm wrong (like that will be a problem), but I believe the biggest cost of renewing season tickets is the "donation" to the Mean Green Scholarship Fund.  When I sent my season ticket money in, the required "donation" was greater than the cost of the tickets.  Plus, I was encouraged, almost chided to increase my donation in order to get a better parking spot in the black lot.  I signed up for the "plus 10 (%)" option and I still didn't qualify for the black lot.  That means there were the equivalent number of donors in the green, white, and black lots that donated more than me.  I don't know what that number is, but I would think it's at least all the suite holders and all the club seat members. 

I'm looking forward to football.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, greenjoe said:

That means there were the equivalent number of donors in the green, white, and black lots that donated more than me.  I don't know what that number is, but I would think it's at least all the suite holders and all the club seat members. 

This is their gimmick as of late. The black lot is no way sold out based on the MGC donation levels printed in the gameday magazine they give out.  A separate topic indeed - but I find it very used car salesmen of them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Thanks Willie.  I know there are about 700 seats in the Club Level and about 12 luxury suites each holding around 12 people.  So if I add 700 and 144, I get 844.  But not all those people drive single in a car. 

I wish we had 844 people donating that extra $4000 a year to qualify for black parking! My good pal was in the black last year and doesn't donate at the level required - not sure how he got it assigned that spot. 

The box seats only get a certain high level parking passes based on their donation - the rest of their guests  get the commoner parking.  Under RV it was the total donations over a lifetime that got you in the pecking order for parking and not the  yearly re-upping. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

I wish we had 844 people donating that extra $4000 a year to qualify for black parking! My good pal was in the black last year and doesn't donate at the level required - not sure how he got it assigned that spot. 

The box seats only get a certain high level parking passes based on their donation - the rest of their guests  get the commoner parking.  Under RV it was the total donations over a lifetime that got you in the pecking order for parking and not the  yearly re-upping. 

The amount of the donation for black is $3000. I am already in for 6 Club seats so the amount of MGSF contribution is already high and I give the difference. Nonetheless they don’ t have enough $3000 contributions to fill the lot so they allocate the other spots to those who give the greatest amounts after all $3000 contributors are accommodated. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, MCMLXXX said:

The amount of the donation for black is $3000. I am already in for 6 Club seats so the amount of MGSF contribution is already high and I give the difference. Nonetheless they don’ t have enough $3000 contributions to fill the lot so they allocate the other spots to those who give the greatest amounts after all $3000 contributors are accommodated. 

Same boat here. I thought the total was higher... hopefully we get there next year.

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Well, I just googled our stadium parking, and $3000 giving is required for GREEN, WHITE, and BLACK. After the stadium opened I was GREEN for a few years until I was bumped to WHITE. I am not complaining as it means those in GREEN are giving more that the $3000 minimum. Either that or I pissed someone off, which could happen.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, wardly said:

Well, I just googled our stadium parking, and $3000 giving is required for GREEN, WHITE, and BLACK. After the stadium opened I was GREEN for a few years until I was bumped to WHITE. I am not complaining as it means those in GREEN are giving more that the $3000 minimum. Either that or I pissed someone off, which could happen.

Look Up Nba Finals GIF by ESPN

• Upvote 1