Pat Forde: Attempts To Salvage Season All But Over

BillySee58

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Gonna say if college football cancels....NFL will too

I'm not sure - I always felt like College Football was more likely to cancel than the Pros.  Professionals get paid for taking the risk -- college kids don't.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1

NFL will definitely play, even though I'm sure by September most, if not all teams, will be playing with no fans.

They can operate off the media/TV/ad revenue.

It will be crazy if we have a fan-less or delayed Super Bowl. We got "lucky" and everything escalated a month after the Super Bowl this year. Would be sad to think that after nearly a whole year, we still don't have a clear path to normalcy.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, SlimSlamSlum said:

If we're the last ones to cancel, does that make us National Champions?

Random thought...let the P5's cancel and allow the G5's to play. Imagine the TV exposure! I know, I know exposure to Covid. We're exposed anyway.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 5

13 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

Random thought...let the P5's cancel and allow the G5's to play. Imagine the TV exposure! I know, I know exposure to Covid. We're exposed anyway.

It could be great for marketing UNT if we were one of the few that would play.  You would need to take precautions though because it could go south.

• Upvote 4

if CUSA somehow was able to put together a season after all the other conferences cancelled, it would be the highest revenue season we could ever dream of just think of all the new fans we would have watching

Also, i know this is a total fantasy scenario

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

3 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

"without football this fall we have no motivation to take care of ourselves and our families" 

ok Trevor, solid logic there

-1 not from me.

If someone at NT or any other G5, or even most P5 schools, said this, yeah, I'd agree.

But Clemson is one of the few NFL factories.   Almost every player from there gets drafted or a UDFA shot in the league. 
So he and his teammates are coming from a different place when they say that.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

"without football this fall we have no motivation to take care of ourselves and our families" 

ok Trevor, solid logic there

Missed the point.  He is stating that, while on the team they are under the supervision and care of the university.  Their life is more structured and they don't have the free time for exposure.  Plus, the cost of the care, should they contract the virus, falls to the family and not the university.

• Upvote 8
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Missed the point.  He is stating that, while on the team they are under the supervision and care of the university.  Their life is more structured and they don't have the free time for exposure.  Plus, the cost of the care, should they contract the virus, falls to the family and not the university.

No, I didn't, he literally says that in the 3rd tweet. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

its amazing to me that college football generates billions of dollars each year yet is still highly unorganized, I think its time they put some of that revenue to use and really organize.  that said, it looks like we wont have a football season, I am hoping, fingers crossed, that they can figure something out by the time basketball season. 

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

No, I didn't, he literally says that in the 3rd tweet. 

Sorry, that third tweet wasn't link above.

Regarding his tweet, I would take it that college kids that have a sport to play, teammates to answer to and coaches staying on them are more inclined to take precautions than those being turned out without supervision.