UNT 2020 Roster Update - Updated Heights and Weights

BillySee58

1 minute ago, BillySee58 said:

The roster has been updated for players’ new heights and weights. Previously was still showing listed height and weight numbers from last season. Lot of impressive gains, especially considering the circumstances the last 5 months. 

Here a few things I saw as notable:

- New walk-on DT Ca’Maurie Johnson

https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster/ca-maurie-johnson/4756

- Defensive end signees Jonathan Pickett and Kortlin Rausaw are coming in at 6’3” 270 and 6’3” 275 respectively. Seemed like they could outgrow DE, but didn’t expect they would have so soon. Already decent size for 3-techniques.

- Projected starting tackles Jacob Brammer and Brian Parish are up about 20 lbs each to 300 and 290 respectively. Anterrious Gray has cut about 30 lbs since arriving on campus.

- The linebackers have beefed up as well. KD Davis up to 229 lbs. Murphy twins are close to 240. Wonder if we might see them at JACK.

- Still just one punter on the roster.

https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster/2020?&sort=position

Billy you beat me too it. I just noticed the updates as well. I am excited that some of these guys are starting to beef up. I remember last year at the season ticket pick up, they had an open practice. Our LBs at the time looked so thin. The OL needed some extra beef as well. I hope these guys all have success this year. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

So that pretty much iced that he’s a blue shirt.  He’ll show up on the first or second day of classes and his schollie will roll over to 2021’s count, right?

Blue shirts can still be on the roster before they are placed on scholarship just like regular walkons, so whether or not he is on the roster is more an issue of him getting here than strategy. And for blue shirts they can be moved to scholarship basically right after fall camp starts. Unless the rule has changed, they don’t need to wait until the semester starts.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

• Harry featured this topic
11 hours ago, MCMLXXX said:

Novil is up to 330 after adding 15 pounds. He is highly motivated and will have a great season!

That’s interesting, as I remember him losing weight before last season. Billy does that sound right? 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

The roster has been updated for players’ new heights and weights. Previously was still showing listed height and weight numbers from last season. Lot of impressive gains, especially considering the circumstances the last 5 months. 

I’ve had some depressive gains the last 5 months.  Unfortunate new proximity of the pantry to the workspace. 

#newnormal

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

A lot of TE's on this roster.

I'm okay with that.

Get a bunch of athletic guys at 6'3 230 and you have a lot of flexibility. Could bulk em up and switch them to OL/DL, lean them out and switch them to WR (Remember Jyaire Shorter was a TE in high school). The more guys we can get that have that kind of size and can move, the better.