Player Claims Patterson Used Racial Slur During TCU Practice

UNTLifer

36 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Patterson admitted to using a word that he should never be using. Sour grapes from the player indeed.

"TCU tight end Artayvious Lynn posted his account to Twitter, claiming Patterson told Jordan to “stop saying n-word in the meetings” and “you’ve been saying [n—–] in meetings.” Patterson did not call anyone by that slur, Lynn said.

“The word shouldn’t be used in any form or fashion but Dylan WRONG for making it seem that way,” Lynn wrote. “S— is soft of you son!!!!”

Other Tweets support Lynn’s version of events."

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

So this guy uses the n-word in all of these meetings, even after being told to stop, then Coach Patterson calls him out for always saying the n-word in these meetings even after being told to stop. And then the disgruntled player decides to be all offended because Coach Patterson told him why he was calling him out and quoted what he said.

Clearly, TCU should fire Gary Patterson...and go back to being absolute dogshit again at football.

Then, as we did back when SMU made the mistake of firing Hayden Fry, we can swoop in and hire GP and let his brilliance work in Denton.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

50 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

"TCU tight end Artayvious Lynn posted his account to Twitter, claiming Patterson told Jordan to “stop saying n-word in the meetings” and “you’ve been saying [n—–] in meetings.” Patterson did not call anyone by that slur, Lynn said.

“The word shouldn’t be used in any form or fashion but Dylan WRONG for making it seem that way,” Lynn wrote. “S— is soft of you son!!!!”

Other Tweets support Lynn’s version of events."

No one has ever claimed Patterson called anyone that word. Not Dylan Jordan, not me. The point is he shouldn’t be using that word ever. He doesn’t have to say it as a re-enactment or quoting someone. It’s that simple. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 3

11 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

No one has ever claimed Patterson called anyone that word. Not Dylan Jordan, not me. The point is he shouldn’t be using that word ever. He doesn’t have to say it as a re-enactment or quoting someone. It’s that simple. 

What word?

• Haha 4
  • Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

The N word

Using that consonant is the same as using the word. I use * to denote said word. Please consider my example.

As noted above by a TCU player “The word shouldn’t be used in any form or fashion...”

Edited by MCMLXXX
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Sorry, I just don't get this.  If you are addressing an issue with someone and need to be specific, then  you be specific.  Whether the specifics are this term or any other derogatory term.  It avoids confusion and eliminates the opportunity for the person being addressed to claim they weren't sure what they were being addressed for.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 3

11 minutes ago, MCMLXXX said:

Using that consonant is the same as using the word. I use * to denote said word. Please consider my example.

Whenever I see an asterisk (I won't use the symbol, because I find it offensive)... I'm painfully reminded of the work of the great Kurt Vonnegut, and his use of the asterisk as a graphical representation of an anal opening. 

When you use that character, it's the same thing as smashing your unwashed anus in the face of the reader. Please consider my example. Instead of ever typing an asterisk, I leave a blank space. 

1 hour ago, TheTastyGreek said:

Whenever I see an asterisk (I won't use the symbol, because I find it offensive)... I'm painfully reminded of the work of the great Kurt Vonnegut, and his use of the asterisk as a graphical representation of an anal opening. 

When you use that character, it's the same thing as smashing your unwashed anus in the face of the reader. Please consider my example. Instead of ever typing an asterisk, I leave a blank space. 

Thak you for your cotributio to the discussio. Your opiio is valid ad deserves to be heard. I uderstad where you are comig from as best as I ca. I hope others voice their feeligs so that the discussio may cotiue. 

Edited by TheTastyGreek
Edited to remove repeated usage of racial slurs
  • Downvote 3

32 minutes ago, Rudy said:

What does my line of work have to do with anything?

I didn't realize you were the only one who can insert humor on this board. 

oh...it was a "cops are racist, so you know exactly what n-word was being referenced" joke. I thought that was pretty on the nose.

and nah...I'm Tier One, obviously, but there are lots of funny people here. really, I'm more the arbiter of humor

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

10 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

oh...it was a "cops are racist, so you know exactly what n-word was being referenced" joke. I thought that was pretty on the nose.

and nah...I'm Tier One, obviously, but there are lots of funny people here. really, I'm more the arbiter of humor

That doesn't make any sense. There is literally no connection between what I said and your statement. I get it. You don't like me. Fine. Just put me on ignore. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 3

43 minutes ago, MCMLXXX said:

Thak you for your cotributio to the discussio. Your opiio is valid ad deserves to be heard. I uderstad where you are comig from as best as I ca. I hope others voice their feeligs so that the discussio may cotiue. 

Now that I realize what you mean and what you're calling me each time you use That Consonant... I've edited your post accordingly. 

We don't condone that sort of language here. Use That Letter again in the way you've already indicated you mean it to be understood, and you will be suspended from the forum. 

1 hour ago, TheTastyGreek said:

Now that I realize what you mean and what you're calling me each time you use That Consonant... I've edited your post accordingly. 

We don't condone that sort of language here. Use That Letter again in the way you've already indicated you mean it to be understood, and you will be suspended from the forum. 

Sorry for offemdimg you. I will strive to do better. Your hyper applicatiom of my post is very emlightmimg. 

I just realized that I may have forced you as am admimistrator to speak power to truth. I am also sorry for placimg you in that umcomfortable position. 

Edited by MCMLXXX
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3