DRC (updated): Texas A&M AD says he doesn't believe school will have to pay buyout to UNT

Brett Vito

Someone tell me why our trip to College Station is any worse than LSU coming to College Station. Besides the ass whuppin!  I say we apply for an exemption.

Let's play ball, dammit!

Edited by Hunter Green
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTeeth said:

Yeah. That's what I was wondering.  I'm assuming the state can't/won't sue itself.

Then guarantees and buyout clauses are nothing more than a gentleman's handshake between two in-state schools?

Doesn't make 100% sense to me, but I'm just the idiot that wants to watch the game with a beer.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

There is no payout coming. But my guess is we agree to a new game in 2026 or so, or as soon as our schedules can match up.  My guess is Big12 will announce the same policy as SEC just did shortly, so I really think we will be looking at a CUSA schedule.  Though I would love to see a one year agreement to merge area schools from AAC,CUSA, and Sun Belt.  To help reduce travel.  

Tulsa - AAC

SMU - AAC

Houston - AAC

UTSA - CUSA

Rice- CUSA

LA Tech - CUSA

Tulane - Sun Belt

Texas State - Sun Belt

Louisiana - Sun Belt

Arkansas State - Sun Belt

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, dml7007 said:

There is no payout coming. But my guess is we agree to a new game in 2026 or so, or as soon as our schedules can match up.  My guess is Big12 will announce the same policy as SEC just did shortly, so I really think we will be looking at a CUSA schedule.  Though I would love to see a one year agreement to merge area schools from AAC,CUSA, and Sun Belt.  To help reduce travel.  

Tulsa - AAC

SMU - AAC

Houston - AAC

UTSA - CUSA

Rice- CUSA

LA Tech - CUSA

Tulane - Sun Belt

Texas State - Sun Belt

Louisiana - Sun Belt

Arkansas State - Sun Belt

Tulane with the raised eyebrow  

• Upvote 1

Go after the independents too. New Mexico State, BYU, Liberty, mountain west: Boise. Wyoming, Utah State could be in play. The rest of the MWC will California it and shut it down Most likely, even UNM. 
GMG

• Upvote 1