The spark that lit Minneapolis...

15 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Nope, it just tells me the mentality of the people raising these children.

If you can't understand why I responded with that picture...you are dense or part of the problem.

We all know that you think my kind are the problem. 

I've never had my child with curse words on their signs though.  

If you can't understand why cops can't pull guns for people 1st amendment rights (even if you are offended) - then you are dense of part of the problem.  

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

14 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

We all know that you think my kind are the problem. 

I've never had my child with curse words on their signs though.  

If you can't understand why cops can't pull guns for people 1st amendment rights (even if you are offended) - then you are dense of part of the problem.  

1.  Never stated that because I don't know you outside of your postings here.  Not sure what you mean by "my kind" but a while back I did inquire as to what you do professionally and you didn't respond.  Well you did, but referred to a bad football movie and your screen name.

2.  Good.

3.  I will just say I agree with the other responses to that picture.  We don't know the entire story.  My take?  They are probably both in the wrong.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

9 minutes ago, meangreenacct said:

I don't understand all the downvotes for the OP providing some relevant information, guess a subset of GMG really wants ANTIFA to be 100% responsible for all our problems...

The OP said he is more concerned with white supremacists (nationalists)  with rifles than teenagers with fireworks and water bottles. I 100% agree. I am also concerned with how easily people will believe that there is anarchy going on in Portland or these Antifa characters are trying to overthrow the government. It was a distraction tactic and it is alarming how much it works. 

The FBI has been warning police departments for YEARS about the growing white supremacists in law enforcement. 

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/fbi-white-supremacists-in-law-enforcement

But Fox News wants people to think teenagers raging against the federal machine are more of danger - when there are ZERO linked deaths to them. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/27/us-rightwing-extremists-attacks-deaths-database-leftwing-antifa

It really is a national embarrassment . 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

8 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Way to link an up to date article.

Zing! Nice one! 

Your pedantic sarcasm is a big miss again - since I clearly stated that for years (meaning the article is old) the FBI has been warning ab out it.  

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4

ya know, we can think that giving a child a sign to protest that says "douchebag the police" isn't kosher AND think that pulling a gun on a guy with his kid on his shoulders isn't kosher...just like people can support both the blm movement and support police.

of course, we don't know the full story for either of these instances...don't know why everyone gets so defensive and accusatory

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

7 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Zing! Nice one! 

Your pedantic sarcasm is a big miss again - since I clearly stated that for years (meaning the article is old) the FBI has been warning ab out it.  

Sarcasm?  Swing and a miss.  Just applying your "rules" to the posts.  Carry on.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Sarcasm?  Swing and a miss.  Just applying your "rules" to the posts.  Carry on.

Man. You posted and old article that had already been corrected the next day. But you still were trying to use it as proof of something that didn't happen. That's not on me. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

• 3 years later...
7 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

Not sure how depraved ones soul has to be to simp for a guy who suffocated someone in hancuffs for a counterfeit 20, nevermind that it wasn't Chauvin's first killing either. 

This is interesting even though I have offered no opinions. Please indicate precisely which points that Dr. Loury and Mr. McWhorter contend makes them "simps". What points of theirs do you dispute?
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

What does "simp" mean?

It can mean either (noun) "simpleton" or a (adjective) "sympathetic" person. 

To use it in a sentence. The "simp" (simpleton) was "simp" (sympathetic) to the extremist hate based ideology even though it has been proven to exist entirely on a foundation of lies.

• Upvote 1

On 12/18/2023 at 10:36 PM, UNTLifer said:

So they way it was used in the post above makes zero sense. 

No, it doesn't, nor was there any explanations offered by the possibly biased posters that originally created this potentially racially based thread. The only factual explanation mentioned was that this was not Derek Chauvin's "first killing" and here's a few details of that:

Archives show Chauvin had been involved in a fatal officer involved shooting in 2006. Officers tracked Wayne Reyes who was a suspect fleeing in his truck from two stabbings. When Reyes was stopped down the road, police say he got out of the truck brandishing a sawed off shotgun and was shot several times and died at the scene. The entire incident was recorded on police dash and body cameras.

"When you're being ordered out at gunpoint from a vehicle and you come out with a shotgun, this is kind of the unfortunate result of that," said Deputy Police Chief Rob Allen.

The shooting was found to be justified. Officer Chauvin was later honored for placing himself in harms way to protect the public.

I guess some groups will always concoct misinformation and disinformation to benefit their narrative. 

• Upvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 1

I really can't believe we're still having to do this. and all because someone is spending waaaaay too much time on YouTube. 

I did not make it anywhere near all the way through the podcast video (though, something is definitely going on with the comments section algorithm)...the point of which I took in what I did watch was that Floyd first said "I can't breathe" while in the police cruiser, that Floyd was on drugs at the time, and that possibly Chauvin's knee was on his shoulder, not his neck for 8 minutes...and as such the public was sold "a lie". is that about right, @ADLER ??

and did not at all watch this "documentary", which I'm sure has absolutely no agenda...

what I did watch is the body-cam footage.

what I saw was a man detained for a petty crime...one that if you or I committed we would either talk our way out of as an accident or be ticketed for, so long as we didn't have a brief case full of fake $20s on our person.

what I saw was a man scared of the police detaining him, scared of the prospect of being arrested and then subsequently cuffed improperly and painfully...all leading to a heightened state. 

what I saw was a man begging for police to adjust his cuffs before he got into the police cruiser.

what I saw was a man clearly having a medical episode while being forced into a police cruiser and clearly in fear of his own life. if this gets to be an argument for panic-behavior in a trained and armed police officer (or 4, in this case), I'd say it's an argument for one being detained too

what I saw was a man having a medical episode dragged to the ground, all still while cuffed, and an officer keep him pinned on the concrete, right night to a presumably running exhaust pipe.

what I saw was the life go out of a man's body...and a "public servant and safety officer" continue to keep a dead body pinned for at least three minutes while finally a medical call was placed, initially as a "no-lights" emergency, before being upgraded

what I saw was a lifeless body being put on a stretcher...STILL IN CUFFS...and no effort being made to resuscitate until after he was on the ambulance.   

again, all for something that you and I would've just walked away from. 

George Floyd died that day because of, at bare minimum, depraved indifference from the Minneapolis police department and the officers responsible needed accountability. 

Edited by Censored by Laurie
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 2

On 12/18/2023 at 2:29 PM, UNTLifer said:

What does "simp" mean?

Dragging up youtube nonsense that tries to absolve the murderer that is Chauvin, 4 years after the fact no less, that's simping. 

And it was Chauvin's first kill with the chokehold, but it certainly wasn't his first instance of police brutality. These good cops I keep hearing about sure seem to allow the worst of the force to stick around https://www.cbsnews.com/news/minneapolis-derek-chauvin-settlement-lawsuits/

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

You decide to criticize the messenger  although he has offered no opinion whatsoever?

Did you really watch (and comprehend) the whole video?

Did you watch the analysis discussion by what I would evaluate as two fairly neutral men? Please list where you disagree with their conclusions.

I'm awaiting your reply.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Man why are we bringing this stuff up again? Let it go people. The jury has already spoken. Go on with your lives.

Exactly, there are better current events to be talking about such as the Biden crime family, the Colorado Supreme Court basically thinking they have the right to remove a candidate from the ballot because they don't like him, druggy Hunter promising to move out of the country if Trump is elected, idiot Chicago mayor blaming Greg Abbott for the immigration problem when his own party has essentially ignored the issue at our southern border, etc.  Why is this being rehashed now?

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 3

6 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Exactly, there are better current events to be talking about such as the Biden crime family, the Colorado Supreme Court basically thinking they have the right to remove a candidate from the ballot because they don't like him, druggy Hunter promising to move out of the country if Trump is elected, idiot Chicago mayor blaming Greg Abbott for the immigration problem when his own party has essentially ignored the issue at our southern border, etc.  Why is this being rehashed now?

because some dude with nothing better to do hasn't found a low-production, shaky-premised YouTube documentary on any of those subjects? 

yet, that is. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

20 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Big “my kids don’t call me anymore, please argue with me on the college sports board so I’m not alone on Christmas” energy. Well done and merry merry to all!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1