DCTF Summer Camp

Is that Kelly Pickle?    Looks like she's on her way after being the MC for Mean Green football for years!   Best of luck to her.

I agree with all they were saying about personnel.   However, they didn't seem to be up to date on coaching changes and the scheme changes they'll likely bring.    I HIGHLY DOUBT we run a 3-3-5 under Bowen.

IF we play football, I'm thinking NT will meddle around 6-6 unless Bean or Aune step up and really produce.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

They are right that OL and DL will be key.  I think we have a chance of being better than expected if the OL can produce.  Last year every team knew Mason was the key and put every effort in to neutralize him.   Maybe they will have to respect the run more this year and this will open up the passing game.  

I just hope the coaching changes makes a big difference in key areas.  The secondary cant cover forever and with no pressure they are forced to do just that.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Is that Kelly Pickle?    Looks like she's on her way after being the MC for Mean Green football for years!   Best of luck to her.

I agree with all they were saying about personnel.   However, they didn't seem to be up to date on coaching changes and the scheme changes they'll likely bring.    I HIGHLY DOUBT we run a 3-3-5 under Bowen.

IF we play football, I'm thinking NT will meddle around 6-6 unless Bean or Aune step up and really produce.

It is Ashley Pickle - she is doing great work at DCTF.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, southsideguy said:

They are right that OL and DL will be key.  I think we have a chance of being better than expected if the OL can produce.  Last year every team knew Mason was the key and put every effort in to neutralize him.   Maybe they will have to respect the run more this year and this will open up the passing game.  

I just hope the coaching changes makes a big difference in key areas.  The secondary cant cover forever and with no pressure they are forced to do just that.

Agree that it will be up to the lines this season for sure.

• Upvote 2

They didn't really mention it, but what does the offense look like? With Bloesch and Wallis being Briles guys are we gonna see more tempo/Baylor stuff like Seth has promised since day one? Or are we gonna get the kinda spread, kinda air raid, moderate tempo kind of offense that Seth has run here so far?

If we can run plays every 15 seconds and do it consistently I think the quick reads and easy handoffs will mask a lot of the OL questions. If we make Bean/Aune sit back and dissect the defense I think we're in for a long season. Make it easy, make it fast, and let them do their jobs.

• Upvote 4

Agree with all you said.  I am particularly interested in Bloesch and what he brings to the weakest position of our program under Littrell.  He’s a young, hungry assistant looking to show what he can do.  It’s clear he jumped ship at Tulsa before Montgomery gets canned.  I think he will get more out of the guys we have and start bringing in better players if given time.