7/21/2020 Hank's Tuesday Trivia

greenminer

5 hours ago, Texas Stranger said:

I'm guessing Corbin Epps.

And wasn't that game at Texas Stadium the week after Jub's famous "Do you believe in the Mean Green" quote after the Tech win?

Corbin Epps.  Now that was good player.  Only player know to mankind that had "muscles" in his ear lobes.  Seriously!

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Corbin Epps.  Now that was good player.  Only player know to mankind that had "muscles" in his ear lobes.  Seriously!

Epps was his adopted name, and he changed it back to his birth name Corbin Montgomery for his senior season. After graduating, he again changed his name to Umar Muhammad to reflect his new religious commitment.

He then had an nine year career as an RB and DL in the Arena Football League. AFL Career , Wikipedia

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

I should bite my tongue on this but oh well. 

Towards the end of the 98 season I had a run in with Helwig and I don't remember how the conversation got on this subject but Helwig was complaining about Simon bringing in kids from California. I remarked back "yeah well we got Scott Blank from California."  His reply was something about Scott Blanks grow on trees in Texas high school football. 

I walked away with the thought sealed that we were doomed with this dumbass leading our athletic department. Blank was first team all-conference and has the second leading season sack total in history against some pretty good teams. He caused havoc against A&M and OU. I don't care if we got him from Mars. 

Edited by meanrob
  • Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1