Paul Finebaum Warns COVID-19 Could 'Blow College Football up Forever'

14 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Just curious where you got this info.  Do you have a link?  I just can't find this on the state's website.  Closest I can find regarding the latest executive order (Executive Order 29) reads as though they still aren't allowed to play at all as of now (see PDF link below).  Not saying that's the case, just looking for something in writing.

https://open.texas.gov/uploads/files/organization/opentexas/OpenTexas-Checklist-Outdoor-Sports.pdf

Thanks in advance.

Ok..ok..OKKKK.my wife even ate my arse out for that comment. But I did finally fine what I read.. TEXAS plans on playing to 50% unless Greg steps in.

https://247sports.com/Article/Texas-Longhorns-planning-to-limit-seating-capacity-to-50-percent-149344007/

Thinking that if UT goes that way then any State supported school can too!

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RBP79 said:

Ok..ok..OKKKK.my wife even ate my arse out for that comment. But I did finally fine what I read.. TEXAS plans on playing to 50% unless Greg steps in.

https://247sports.com/Article/Texas-Longhorns-planning-to-limit-seating-capacity-to-50-percent-149344007/

Thinking that if UT goes that way then any State supported school can too!

store update GIF

11 hours ago, 97and03 said:

I know our defense was bad, but I think we still tackle. 

We can create sub patterns that would give backfield players the opportunity to swap out contaminated unis between plays.  We might need to bring in Tony Benford as a consultant.  Proceed with caution.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1

On 7/20/2020 at 12:24 PM, DallasGreen said:

If non conference is cancelled we lose $1.4 million on A & M guarantee. This is where ALL other sports realize FB drives the bus. None can survive w/o their share of FB revenue. This could easily be the end of college athletics at CUSA level. As far as end of pandemic, it seems to only get worse with winter surges promised that will eclipse the present. I am 73 and spoke with my internist who is about five years younger and he felt neither of us will see COVID-19 eradicated in our lifetime. Welcome to your new normal compliments of Peoples' Republic of China --germ warfare division.

Just an honest question. If we do play, what makes you think we will still get the full 1.4 million? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1