Willie Taggert and FAU recruiting

RBP79

Do NOT be surprised if PRIME TIME ends up on the FAU staff after his boy graduates this coming spring. Deion is looking to coach at the D1 level and my guess is that the decision was a "package deal."

• Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, Dk79 said:

Do NOT be surprised if PRIME TIME ends up on the FAU staff after his boy graduates this coming spring. Deion is looking to coach at the D1 level and my guess is that the decision was a "package deal."

I suspect if Deion Sanders wanted to be a position coach at FAU, Willie Taggart and the AD over there would trip over their own dicks running with pen and paper to sign him up, recruited son or not. 

FAU is the bar like it or not. La Tech is up there with them but just behind. I believe our next coach will get us up there because they will have won at the next level and UNT is a fine job. Seth is a good coach but recruiting is often a resume and sexy game. Coach doesn’t have those things as a head coach. He will win and advance his career but our next coach is going to be that Lane Sonny Taggart kind of name -someone like Frost sarkissian applewhite (risky but name recognition) briles (risky because of name recognition.)
GMG

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Downvote 3

Based on his offer list, we didn't offer, and it is shocking he ended up at FAU.  Sounds like the other schools filled up the QB spots.  Back to us, I thought the same thing about Prime Time always hanging around, etc...

• Upvote 2

Well, this story pores cold water on the theory that you must have great facilities to recruit. My son lives  close to FAU and we have been to several games there. The stadium is a metal erector set, and I doubt their training room and dorm is much better. It is basically a large commuter school[ sound familiar ]  that draws fans in the 8,000 to 12,000 range.However, it is South Florida.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, wardly said:

Well, this story pores cold water on the theory that you must have great facilities to recruit. My son lives  close to FAU and we have been to several games there. The stadium is a metal erector set, and I doubt their training room and dorm is much better. It is basically a large commuter school[ sound familiar ]  that draws fans in the 8,000 to 12,000 range.However, it is South Florida.

It doesn’t hurt that there is a sign next to the stadium saying the beach is 1.5 miles that way. Makes the stadium look much nicer than it is. I agree it is a less that great stadium, but it looks pretty good, AND has palm trees. 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Well considering Taggart has ruined so many programs, I would expect this to be his next one! You never know though. I thought Lane would really destroy FAU because of his past, but of course he helped them to 2 CUSA titles...

Just curious, but what programs are you referring to?  He broke WKU out of the funk they were in causing him to get the South Florida job, where he led them to their first double digit win season in school history.  That led to him getting the Oregon job where they went from 4-8 the previous year to 7-5 the year he was the coach.  Yes, he wasn't quite up to the standards FSU normally has, but outside of that one job he has shown he's a winner.  I think it was a phenomenal hire for FAU, and to top it all off thanks to his huge buyouts from the other schools they are paying him about $1 million less annually than we are paying for Littrell.  Like it or not FAU continues to beat us in basically every aspect of the game at this point in time.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

Whether you like Deion's personality or not, his son is a 4 star qb recruit and an incredible talent everybody thought was going to end up at Florida State.  FAU will continue to dominate CUSA for years to come.

Also Deion hanging around isnt the worst thing, anybody's secondary could learn some things from him.

@Wag Tag He has offers from Cornell and Vanderbilt. Grades are not an issue.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

On 7/15/2020 at 7:00 AM, UNT18Grad said:

Just curious, but what programs are you referring to?  He broke WKU out of the funk they were in causing him to get the South Florida job, where he led them to their first double digit win season in school history.  That led to him getting the Oregon job where they went from 4-8 the previous year to 7-5 the year he was the coach.  Yes, he wasn't quite up to the standards FSU normally has, but outside of that one job he has shown he's a winner.  I think it was a phenomenal hire for FAU, and to top it all off thanks to his huge buyouts from the other schools they are paying him about $1 million less annually than we are paying for Littrell.  Like it or not FAU continues to beat us in basically every aspect of the game at this point in time.

I know I'm late to this, but from talking to Oregon, USF, and FSU fans they really don't like him and what he did at their schools. I mean it was a great hire by FAU, but who knows whats gonna happen. Kinda like Lane Kiffin

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I know I'm late to this, but from talking to Oregon, USF, and FSU fans they really don't like him and what he did at their schools. I mean it was a great hire by FAU, but who knows whats gonna happen. Kinda like Lane Kiffin

He's just a great recruiter and at the G5 level that's exactly what you need.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

They shouldn't matter at FAU considering their lack of fans.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2