Woolridge headed for Germany

17 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Ahhhhh...loyalty

Ahhhh, the ability to be able to think objectively.

I would love to see him do well and be listed as from UNT, but in the college basketball world, Gonzaga is near royalty at this point. Objectively speaking, it would probably not be surprising to see him list Gonzaga - in addition to it being his final school. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Ahhhh, the ability to be able to think objectively.

I would love to see him do well and be listed as from UNT, but in the college basketball world, Gonzaga is near royalty at this point. Objectively speaking, it would probably not be surprising to see him list Gonzaga - in addition to it being his final school. 

Ahhhh...the ability to be proud of your university. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

23 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Ahhhh...the ability to be proud of your university. 

He. Voluntarily. Left. Here. To. Go. To. Gonzaga. Because. They. Are. Elite. 

JFC you are dense. Try opening your eyes for once in your life and considering how other people see the world. Benford destroyed this program and a CBI championship isn’t going to change that perception. 
I am damn proud of my university. I have two degrees from UNT and worked there as well. I have had season tickets for more than a decade without the ability to attend games because of my government service. I don’t think I (or anyone else) needs to justify their loyalty, but most us understand reality. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

30 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

He. Voluntarily. Left. Here. To. Go. To. Gonzaga. Because. They. Are. Elite. 

JFC you are dense. Try opening your eyes for once in your life and considering how other people see the world. Benford destroyed this program and a CBI championship isn’t going to change that perception. 
I am damn proud of my university. I have two degrees from UNT and worked there as well. I have had season tickets for more than a decade without the ability to attend games because of my government service. I don’t think I (or anyone else) needs to justify their loyalty, but most us understand reality. 

JFC..if you are proud of it act like it. FYI..Benford has been gone several years and our program is back under some great coaching leadership. You seem to forget that UNT won the conference championship just this last year along with that CBI championship you seem to disregard as second or third rate. Then you announce that you wouldn’t list you alma mater on your playing resume if you we’re Woolridge. So, JFC, have some pride. Open your eyes and see what is currently happening under Coach Mac and Company. I may be “dense”, but I am always on the side of my Alma Mater..unlike you it seems if you have a chance to list some other university you seems to think is better on your resume. Sure...like I said..imagine having some loyalty to your alma mater. Imagine that, huh? And, by the way, get you head out of the sand..the comments were directed primarily at someone who would “hide” UNT on the resume to highlight some one-year university that you see as “better” than UNT for resume purposes. Imagine having pride in your University..yep...imagine that????

And, don’t go off on me bucko...you were the one suggesting he list Gonzaga as his university as it would be better than listing UNT...you with two degrees from UNT. Big friggin’ deal...join the very big crowd. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

Not sure if it means anything but if he would have finished at UNT he would have been a for sure HOF player and would live on in UNT history.  At Gonzaga he will be person on the stat page and that is it.  When you are young it doesn't matter and maybe not so much if you are old.  Always nice to be remembered though.  

He is a talented player and I hope he does well in Germany and makes his way to the NBA one day.  I loved watching him play but Hamlet was no down graded at the position.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, southsideguy said:

He is a talented player and I hope he does well in Germany and makes his way to the NBA one day.  I loved watching him play but Hamlet was no down graded at the position.  

Hamlet, before he graduates, could make a lot of us forget about Woolridge's time at UNT.  Hamlet has learned to play solid defense under Coach Hodge and Coach McCasland to go along with his offensive output which will give Hamlet a great shot of furthering his playing career after he graduates.  I enjoyed watching Ryan play and wished he would have stayed at UNT, but if his leaving meant we got Hamlet as a replacement, I am more than good with that exchange.

• Upvote 4

22 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Hamlet, before he graduates, could make a lot of us forget about Woolridge's time at UNT.  Hamlet has learned to play solid defense under Coach Hodge and Coach McCasland to go along with his offensive output which will give Hamlet a great shot of furthering his playing career after he graduates.  I enjoyed watching Ryan play and wished he would have stayed at UNT, but if his leaving meant we got Hamlet as a replacement, I am more than good with that exchange.

I'll never forget the Woolridge free throws

• Upvote 1

On 7/16/2020 at 1:34 AM, KRAM1 said:

JFC..if you are proud of it act like it. FYI..Benford has been gone several years and our program is back under some great coaching leadership. You seem to forget that UNT won the conference championship just this last year along with that CBI championship you seem to disregard as second or third rate. Then you announce that you wouldn’t list you alma mater on your playing resume if you we’re Woolridge. So, JFC, have some pride. Open your eyes and see what is currently happening under Coach Mac and Company. I may be “dense”, but I am always on the side of my Alma Mater..unlike you it seems if you have a chance to list some other university you seems to think is better on your resume. Sure...like I said..imagine having some loyalty to your alma mater. Imagine that, huh? And, by the way, get you head out of the sand..the comments were directed primarily at someone who would “hide” UNT on the resume to highlight some one-year university that you see as “better” than UNT for resume purposes. Imagine having pride in your University..yep...imagine that????

And, don’t go off on me bucko...you were the one suggesting he list Gonzaga as his university as it would be better than listing UNT...you with two degrees from UNT. Big friggin’ deal...join the very big crowd. 

you are so dumb harry styles GIF

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I love GMG Thread battles

Yep, there is a small group that likes to attack those they disagree with as dumb, ill-informed, etc....  Sadly, this seems to be the way of the world now.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1