If we only play conference games what should our record be?

Limiting games to conference only will be done to eliminate the need to coordinate with other leagues.  Bowl games would be much more difficult to schedule. 

Limiting games to conference only, seems stupid if the goal is less travel.  

Seems obvious, that teams to gain bowl eligibility, all they would have to do is have a .500 record.  

Realistily, I doubt there is any college football until the virus is under control and we are far from that.  

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

With 8 conference games I am thinking 4-4 is realistic?  Wins over UTSA UTEP MUTS and Charlotte?  Losses against the good teams like La Tech UAB, Southern Miss and Rice.

I like your thoughts, @Coach Andy Mac I think by the time Rice gets here we're clicking as a team and get the W.
5-3 is my guess.

L vs Southern Miss 
W vs Charlotte
W vs MUT
W vs UTEP
L vs LaTech
L vs UAB
W vs Rice
W vs UTSA

I just want the boys to play!

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Limiting games to conference only will be done to eliminate the need to coordinate with other leagues.  Bowl games would be much more difficult to schedule. 

Seems obvious, that teams to gain bowl eligibility, all they would have to do is have a .500 record.  

Realistily, I doubt there is any college football until the virus is under control and we are far from that.  

Yeah. I agree.  I think it's pretty unlikely at this point.  The logistics of it working out seem too complex to me unless you're going to quarantine the entire teams for the whole season.  I could see teams maybe playing a couple exhibition games against local opponents, but not much more.  Hopefully I'm wrong though.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

If we, and others play only conference games there will be a complete waiver on the number of wins required if there are bowl games. Many of the P5 spots would go unfilled if the P5 schools do not have the OOC games to add 3 or 4 wins. The P5's will no let this happen

• Upvote 2

If we go conference only, why only play 8 games?  If we are going only conference games, is it to make sure all the players are under the same guidelines?  Why not play 12 conference games?  The Ohio State AD said he wants to play 10 conference games now that the 3 OOC games are gone. If you go conference only it is to be flexible and not to have to worry about other people.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

With 8 conference games I am thinking 4-4 is realistic?  Wins over UTSA UTEP MUTS and Charlotte?  Losses against the good teams like La Tech UAB, Southern Miss and Rice.

I've been extremely silent, since I don't have a lot of fans on my take of the "million dollar man" (spoiler: I am not a huge fan)

But, for what we are paying for and what we are getting? This is 100% absolute grade A prime pure as the hope diamond Bullsh!t if we aren't one of the "good" teams. I'm not questioning you...you are spot on. I'm questioning our coaches because this is totally unacceptable.

If we go 4-4 with Million dollar Seth, with our talent, and still consider half the conference above us? We are being robbed. 

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 4

If the focus is on limiting travel, conference only games just doesn't make sense to me.  Divide up by geographic regions and let's play some football.  I'm sure many would hate it (especially UTEP and UTSA from C-USA), but Pat Forde's realignment proposal makes too much logical sense.  This would be fun and a bit chaotic, if only temporary until the pandemic ends in a few years.

conferenceoutlook.jpg

https://www.si.com/college/2020/06/29/ncaa-college-football-conference-realignment

PS - I give bonus points to this proposal for putting Alabama in the Sun Belt.  😆

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
Added the PS
  • Upvote 1