Abbott is making mistake opening schools during fall

16 hours ago, THOR said:

You got me man...I hate my kids and other kids so much that I am not concerned with sending them to school. Good on you dude...you figured me out. I'll buy ya a beer at the next home game as a congratulatory gesture.

At least you're owning up to it, even if only sarcastically. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, Coffee and TV said:

I have previously seen the three week old article you posted as well as others that were from early June in other news sources. As I am sure you saw, the article noted that Israel has "some of the most crowded schools in the developed world" and the schools have "few social distancing measures, unlike in most other places that have reopened schools ". 

Here is another article for consideration. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/reopened-schools-in-europe-and-asia-have-largely-avoided-coronavirus-outbreaks-they-have-lessons-for-the-u-s/ar-BB16CdRD

We have time to plan and select safest available options.

Edited by MCMLXXX
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

Okay dude, I'm sure you can guess which route we will take, and it will look more like Israel than Taiwan. 

What do pediatricians say? MSNBC interviews 5, (their graphic identifies them as Top Pediatricians), who all say yes they would send their kids to school. Hosts face at the end of video is priceless.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/07/13/pediatricians_absolutely_would_send_children_back_to_school_in_fall_without_hesitation.html

Edited by MCMLXXX
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 4

You think he is not aware of the clip before he plays it? He was not doing a live interview.

His stoic reaction is "priceless?"

Please pass what you are smoking. I need it.

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5

7 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

You think he is not aware of the clip before he plays it? He was not doing a live interview.

His stoic reaction is "priceless?"

Please pass what you are smoking. I need it.

It was Live. He was not doing the interview it was one of their medical consultants.

Edited by MCMLXXX
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

2 hours ago, MCMLXXX said:

It was Live. He was not doing the interview it was one of their medical consultants.

Since MSNBC is such a snowflake propaganda machine - you think they don't know what the interviewees are going to say? What 'camp' they are in? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

42 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I get what he is saying and I understand it to the core, but he is masking (ahem) what people's concerns are.

First: Hoover think tank promotes individual responsibility - that is their charter. He is doing a good job on that. Hard to fault him. Stay on message. 

Second: His "science" on children not spreading to adults is just not solid science. We don't have huge data on it - since schools shut down, kids are being left at home when adults go to the stores, daycares and camps are severely limited. The thought about kids not spreading to adults at SCHOOL goes along the lines that kids are lower than adults - they are rarely actually face to face so the aerosol isn't getting to the teacher. It is a valid/common-sense way to justify the anecdotal data that we do have. But there is ZERO science to saying that when that kid crawls on grandma's lap or gets in the mom's bed for night time story - that aerosol spray doesn't transfer. That is just junk - and he is avoiding talking about that - which is EXACTLY what people are worried about. 

Third: "We are the only country in the world, this is a level of hysteria like this is.."  -- this is quantifiably false. Also, nice use of the sexist word. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

https://www.mediamatters.org/laura-ingraham/fox-guest-says-teachers-are-grooming-our-children-sexual-predators-use-them?fbclid=IwAR02VBzpdKN8QgRQJe3dsOuifCv7YmZIpAkptBtpk2zEHY5HAqSU2JZjfww

I wish I could see her priceless reaction, but it's just another day that ends in 'y' for her. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Third: "We are the only country in the world, this is a level of hysteria like this is.."  -- this is quantifiably false. Also, nice use of the sexist word. 

What is the sexist word?

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

10 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Nice assumption in your previous post. Playing by your rules, that second article is too old to matter. Second, I had no idea regarding any of that but something tells me there is probably something objectionable about everything in this world. You being offended is of no surprise. I just hope that one day I can be an expert on everything such as you and spend my time on a fan message board commenting a majority of the time on everything except the topic, in this case North Texas sports, or intended target of the fan board.  You are so predictable. I just think it must be tough to go through life nit picking everything someone says and then being a dick about it.   Damn, I guess the term “dick” is sexist as well. I just can’t win. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

You being offended is of no surprise. I just hope that one day I can be an expert on everything such as you and spend my time on a fan message board commenting a majority of the time on everything except the topic, in this case North Texas sports, or intended target of the fan board.  You are so predictable.

he said...ironically? 

• Haha 5
  • Downvote 3

8 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Damn, I guess the term “dick” is sexist as well. I just can’t win. 

Luckily, this old article still works because this is not fluid news. 

Being that you won't find a reputable person going around and saying "we are the only country acting like a wet sack of dicks..." I think were safe on that anatomical insult.  Whereas things like retard, spaz, midget and hysteria need some catch up time with the older crowds that grew up using them derogatorily and thus see no problem.

I'm certainly not offended by everything. But somehow you really love to troll and feign shock when people want to talk about your one liner articles that you give no opinion on. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

out of approximately 1100 students at my school (dentonisd), only 60 have signed up for online learning for this year.  of course, not every family has replied and my school is labeled title 1 (basically poor) so it could be that the parents don't have the resources to keep them home/monitored, their kids are bad and they don't want them home, or they don't even know that they have to give us an answer in about a month.

everything is fluid...no one has all the answers and it changes almost daily.  kids will have to commit to a full grading period's worth of home learning, but kids that are at school may "change" due to circumstances.

fine arts....no idea how they are going to do those classes.

i don't know the numbers of other schools, but this seems to tell me that most at my school want to be at school and learning in person, but who knows.  

no idea on what would happen if a kid gets sick or a teacher....no idea on student requirements while in class/hallways...pretty much no idea how school is gonna work other than we're gonna teach the kids as best we can.

edit:  read documents on movement/collaboration/school stuff...basic commonn sense stuff about spacing/masks(certain grade levels and situations), doors propped open so no extra touching, etc

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 4

On 7/16/2020 at 9:47 PM, THOR said:

out of approximately 1100 students at my school (dentonisd), only 60 have signed up for online learning for this year.  of course, not every family has replied and my school is labeled title 1 (basically poor) so it could be that the parents don't have the resources to keep them home/monitored, their kids are bad and they don't want them home, or they don't even know that they have to give us an answer in about a month.

everything is fluid...no one has all the answers and it changes almost daily.  kids will have to commit to a full grading period's worth of home learning, but kids that are at school may "change" due to circumstances.

fine arts....no idea how they are going to do those classes.

i don't know the numbers of other schools, but this seems to tell me that most at my school want to be at school and learning in person, but who knows.  

no idea on what would happen if a kid gets sick or a teacher....no idea on student requirements while in class/hallways...pretty much no idea how school is gonna work other than we're gonna teach the kids as best we can.

edit:  read documents on movement/collaboration/school stuff...basic commonn sense stuff about spacing/masks(certain grade levels and situations), doors propped open so no extra touching, etc

What extra touching do you normally do with the children?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

22 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

What extra touching do you normally do with the children?

I can answer fine arts done remotely. In fact, I have a client that's moving most of her business that way. 

Lessons can be pre-recorded or done via video call. Photos or footage of the projects can be sent to the instructor. Supplies can be sent or picked up by each student, purchased by the school as normal. 

Individual instruction can be done with branched calls or separate calls. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, meangreendork said:

I can answer fine arts done remotely. In fact, I have a client that's moving most of her business that way. 

Lessons can be pre-recorded or done via video call. Photos or footage of the projects can be sent to the instructor. Supplies can be sent or picked up by each student, purchased by the school as normal. 

Individual instruction can be done with branched calls or separate calls. 

You missed the joke but helpful info anyway

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2