What will we do if there is no football?

I've seen this elsewhere, but seriously, why can't we just call the football games a protest? The scientific and medical experts have told us you can't spread Covid at a protest and actually there are articles out there that say protests actually DECREASE the spread of Covid. The logical thing to do to slow the spread would be to have MORE football games...I mean protests....at Apogee....

image.png.9dcd901b35416f5850b8366638d5c091.png

Just put all those folks in green and teach them the "NORTH" "TEXAS" chant. Turn the fists into claws....(three fingers or four fingers depending on your generation...I'm assuming that crowd would go with the more modern, three finger eagle claw) With masks, the sound may be a tad muffled but there's virtually zero risk of spreading Covid if the crowd is labeled as a "protest" vs any other crowd. It's all about the label...

We could break attendance records this year....

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 5

2 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I've seen this elsewhere, but seriously, why can't we just call the football games a protest? The scientific and medical experts have told us you can't spread Covid at a protest and actually there are articles out there that say protests actually DECREASE the spread of Covid. The logical thing to do to slow the spread would be to have MORE football games...I mean protests....at Apogee....

image.png.9dcd901b35416f5850b8366638d5c091.png

Just put all those folks in green and teach them the "NORTH" "TEXAS" chant. Turn the fists into claws....(three fingers or four fingers depending on your generation...I'm assuming that crowd would go with the more modern, three finger eagle claw) With masks, the sound may be a tad muffled but there's virtually zero risk of spreading Covid if the crowd is labeled as a "protest" vs any other crowd. It's all about the label...

We could break attendance records this year....

What

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

I know we are still a couple months out, but for someone that needs to make travel plans is there any target date for a decision one way or the other or if attendance will be restricted?  As recent history has shown, I suppose any of this could literally be a game-time decision, but I'm trying to put a line on the SMU game happening, for example, as that's the one I'd probably fly down for.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, keith said:

I know we are still a couple months out, but for someone that needs to make travel plans is there any target date for a decision one way or the other or if attendance will be restricted?  As recent history has shown, I suppose any of this could literally be a game-time decision, but I'm trying to put a line on the SMU game happening, for example, as that's the one I'd probably fly down for.

The lower level leagues are slated to decide first.   I think Ivy leauge will decide on this wednesday.   California schools are all a no at this time to my understanding.  My guess is they will pair teams regionally and bus to centralized locations that are safe.  There will not be many if any fans in the stands but they will have screens in the tailgating areas.  There is no way that Old Dominion is going to fly their kids to El Paso no damn way.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ivy-league-coaches-expect-2020-college-football-season-to-be-moved-to-spring-2021-per-report/

I’ve been looking into ways to host virtual watch parties of games.  I’ve done a couple recently over Facebook Watch watching past games.  Some of you have stopped by for a bit.  It’s nowhere near as great as going to a live game, but still fun to watch a little football with North Texas faithful.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1