NFL Redskins to change their name?

12 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

This was a mock-up someone did when trying to make a point about Chief Wahoo being the face of the Cleveland Indians. Similar situation here one would think, but at least the Washington NFL team's logo isn't as gross. 

46233177-0a98-4aa4-a60c-344cb9669b4b.jpg

LMAO now that is funny!

How about the Washington Washington’s? They could have a face of George Washington on the helmet with a Cleveland Indians like shit eating grin. Of course, his grill would be wooden, even though we all know his actual dentures came from the teeth pulled out of his slaves mouths. 

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

9 hours ago, ColoradoEagle said:

It’s literally the argument used throughout history to oppress every minority group that’s ever existed. 

Im not talking about everyone as a whole, I'm talking about each group. If most arent offended by it in the group, dont change it.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 6

6 hours ago, THOR said:

Im not talking about everyone as a whole, I'm talking about each group. If most arent offended by it in the group, dont change it.

Desegregation of schools most definitely did not have majority support when Brown vs Topeka School Board was ruled...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

We should change the name of this forum to CHAZ since it is basically run by liberals, they shout down people with opposing views, operate with their own guidelines and don't contribute much outside of the cozy confines of this forum.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 4

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

We should change the name of this forum to CHAZ since it is basically run by liberals, they shout down people with opposing views, operate with their own guidelines and don't contribute much outside of the cozy confines of this forum.

Sounds like you need a safe space, snowflake. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 3
  • Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

17 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I'm definitely not a "liberal"... "moderate", probably... but I like this place!

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not a liberal either.  Pretty down the middle with my voting history.  In the six presidential elections I've voted in, I've voted for more Republicans than Democrats, with some third party action thrown in for good measure (after November it'll be the same number of times voting for Dems as the GOP).  This place is actually fairly balanced...I've read plenty of places where one side completely dominates the conversation.

Edited by CMJ
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Coffee and TV said:

Should probably get your eyes checked then, my little karma meter only gets lower in between football seasons. 

Don't get all worked up.  It was just my response to the idea to change the name to "a couple old insecure white dudes".

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

Desegregation of schools most definitely did not have majority support when Brown vs Topeka School Board was ruled...

So the majority of blacks didnt vote for desegregation? I have no idea, but it should have been their choice. 

Dont know why you immediately went racial once I said what I did that never mentioned race

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

It's not run by liberals, but they seem to be the majority that voices their complaints. Look at twitter (social media)..small % of population, but totally leans that way so it makes ya think the whole country believes that way

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Haven't shouted anyone down, have contributed more time and effort than many over the years, and there's a contingent of 4-5 guys who just follow me around down-voting every post. It's off-season life.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, THOR said:

It's not run by liberals, but they seem to be the majority that voices their complaints. Look at twitter (social media)..small % of population, but totally leans that way so it makes ya think the whole country believes that way

You realize that Clinton won the popular vote, right? There are more 'liberals' than GOP 

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

You realize that Clinton won the popular vote, right? There are more 'liberals' than GOP 

I think there are more liberals than conservatives, but I think there are more people in the middle that don't really think of themselves as either.

• Upvote 1

Lifelong Republican. Voted for a Democrat once in some local race they had no chance to win because my girlfriend knew them and asked me to. Voted third party a handful of times, mainly Perot and a couple Libertarians. 
But I guess I'm a liberal compared to some of the bugaloo bois on this board. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2

17 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

this is amazing. 

there are 24 topics per page in these forums. 
- @El Paso Eagle started 5...ranging from Defunding the Police to the dangers of a post-gendered Bob's Big Boy
- @LongJim started 3...a couple Reason articles and a discussion on how many progressives are disappointed with their closest affiliated party's nomination

- @MCMLXXX started 3...a holiday salutation and two framed articles that left out major context from his initial post
- @UNTLifer started 2...a 10-year old article and a gross misinterpretation of the movie Idiocracy
- @THOR started 1 that was simply him trying to justify his behavior that will single-handedly cost us a football season. (it's your fault, thor)
and then one each from @97and03, @ADLER, @TheColonyEagle, @Hunter Green, @meangreen11, @Venson...with the bots rounding out the numbers.

so, these are your liberal overlords? seems like a plurality of "conservative" voices at first glance. so if quantity isn't the problem...maybe you're feeling "shouted down" because the quality of your argument is lacking? 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Downvote 4