Need your help

emmitt01

Some feedback...

I immediately got stuck on the second question, especially since I didn't know the subsequent questions or if they were dynamic based on responses.  My employer does similar things by asking questions like "T/F  Our level of training on XXX is correct".  The questions are worded more subtle than this, but there's never a way to say that you think it's too much.  Often, media polls are often biased in a similar way.

Specifically, for your question, reforms may be necessary, but I don't think people agree on what these reforms necessarily are, so simply saying "yes" could convey different intents.

Edit - I continued to the next question and see that you did make this dynamic (good job) and unlike many polls, provide the ability to go back and change the selection.

Question 10 seems to be need a "no, it's worse" option to be complete.

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

When I was working as a foster/adoptive parent trainer for the state, the "powers that be" decided that all trainers needed to attend "de-escalation" so that it could be taught to foster/adoptive parents. Management choose MHMR to train us, and after we successfully completed the training, we then set about training our colleagues first. BUT, in setting up this training we also included "MANAGEMENT" in the training. We got a commitment that two levels of management would "actively attend". They had to earn their certificate just like the front line staff.

I think this should be the case with all police training. If all police are required to attend "de-escalation training" then so should management. If a city wants to create an oversite board, then attending training with police should be mandatory for board membership. And they should earn their certificate.

"Cultural sensitivity" training should be called "Multi-Cultural competency" training.  And the training should reflect the updated name.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 4

Emmitt, you have my greatest respect. And that just goes up every time we interact. In person, in this forum, etc. Every story has a number of sides but I worry about the future of law and order in, for the most part, are biggest cities. Sincere prayers go out to you, yours and all of those that serve.

GMG

• Upvote 6
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, untcampbell said:

Emmitt, you have my greatest respect. And that just goes up every time we interact. In person, in this forum, etc. Every story has a number of sides but I worry about the future of law and order in, for the most part, are biggest cities. Sincere prayers go out to you, yours and all of those that serve.

GMG

Someone actually downvoted this?

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 4

5 hours ago, untcampbell said:

GMG

Couldn't agree more! Thanks, Emmitt.

• Upvote 3

As a few others have alluded to, #10 didn’t really have an answer I felt accurately conveyed my feelings.
Thank you for your service to the community and thanks for the opportunity to complete the survey.  

• Thanks 1

Emmitt, I hope for the best in your research. This is certainly  not a topic you want to take to lightly or brush aside.  I really commend your leadership. this is another testament of the value anyone lucky enough to call North Texas their Alma Mater. Thank you for you service. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1