Will 2020 UNT football have fans in the stands (Covid)?

meangreen11

Will 2020 UNT football have fans in the stands?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Will 2020 UNT football have fans in the stands?

• Yes they will
    • No they will not

7 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Your RV must be pretty big is what I am thinking?

No sir.  Most new spots are about 30-40 feet we are being told.  But still not entirely known where the golf fence will go ultimately.  Plus there is the whole trees in the middle of spots thing to contend with. 

• Upvote 2

I'm leaning towards there will be a season this year.  The reason is that the P5s will lose combined multi-millions if there's not.  

That could mean that only FBS will have a fall season but another question is will it start on time?  Maybe, if the summer heat reduces the spread of the virus.  

I don't worry that much about the players because they're young and healthy and with proper treatment could could be back in playing shape in a short period of time.  I saw where Texas Tech had 20 something test positive when they reported and all but 2 are now negative.

I've got the longest row to hoe because of my age and I've been diabetic for a long time although that is improving.  I've bought my season tickets so I'll be there barring a turn for the worse.  

We should know more this week. 

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

I'm leaning towards there will be a season this year.  The reason is that the P5s will lose combined multi-millions if there's not.  

That could mean that only FBS will have a fall season but another question is will it start on time?  Maybe, if the summer heat reduces the spread of the virus.  

I don't worry that much about the players because they're young and healthy and with proper treatment could could be back in playing shape in a short period of time.  I saw where Texas Tech had 20 something test positive when they reported and all but 2 are now negative.

I've got the longest row to hoe because of my age and I've been diabetic for a long time although that is improving.  I've bought my season tickets so I'll be there barring a turn for the worse.  

We should know more this week. 

Would be interesting if it works out this way. There are many games scheduled between FBS and FCS teams; would they reschedule against other FBS teams that lost games? Perhaps if this happens the FBS teams will only play conference games? My guess at this point is that everything gets moved to the Spring.

2 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Released yesterday.   Texas Medical Association rated playing football as a MODERATE-HIGH risk (7) but going to a sports stadium as a HIGH RISK (9).

https://www.texmed.org/uploadedFiles/Current/2016_Public_Health/Infectious_Diseases/309193 Risk Assessment Chart V2_FINAL.pdf

Anyone who is analytical will tell you that there are lot of questions that need to be answered before that list is to be taken as gospel. Not to say there's not risk in doing some of those things. Good to know I can go to a church service with 499 people safely lol

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/30/2020 at 12:45 PM, UNT 90 Grad said:

Assuming they play this season I’m thinking:

- 25% capacity by ticket type

- General Seating within the ticket type sections (i.e. if you purchase Scholarship Premium tickets, you can sit anywhere in the Scholarship Premium sections)

- Social distancing signs and instructions posted all over the place

- Hand sanitizer stations all over the place

- Plexiglass shields at concession stands  

- Masks required except while seated eating or drinking

- alternating urinals and sinks blocked from usage

- UNT masks as MGSF gifts

This would be the only way, assuming we can even have football. 

10 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

Maybe, if the summer heat reduces the spread of the virus.  

Yeah summer heat doesn't seem to be doing what we all hoped: the states with the largest increases in cases for the last 3 weeks are Arizona, Florida, and Texas. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Graham said:

“I don't worry that much about the players because they're young and healthy and with proper treatment could could be back in playing shape in a short period of time.”

-

Sorry, I’m not usually a very vocal member of this board, but this is an incredibly irresponsible point of view.

Many, many thousands of young people have died from this disease. The fact that any of us would knowingly put these young men in harms way...it’s deplorable y’all.

Well, then what are we gonna do on Saturdays in the Fall?  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/30/2020 at 12:45 PM, UNT 90 Grad said:

Assuming they play this season I’m thinking:

- 25% capacity by ticket type

- General Seating within the ticket type sections (i.e. if you purchase Scholarship Premium tickets, you can sit anywhere in the Scholarship Premium sections)

- Social distancing signs and instructions posted all over the place

- Hand sanitizer stations all over the place

- Plexiglass shields at concession stands  

- Masks required except while seated eating or drinking

- alternating urinals and sinks blocked from usage

- UNT masks as MGSF gifts

Phil Hartman yes GIF

• Haha 2