'21 DT Offer: Edward Bobino; Huntsville: No rating at this time

29 minutes ago, meangreen11 said:

Nice looking athlete.

Yes.  I liked his video and considering Huntsville's success last year, I was surprised that his offer list was not larger.  I am liking this focus on the DL.

• Upvote 3

On 6/30/2020 at 11:38 AM, UNTLifer said:

Yes.  I liked his video and considering Huntsville's success last year, I was surprised that his offer list was not larger.  I am liking this focus on the DL.

Height is hurting him.  Listed at 6'1" could be a hair under, Big Schools rarely pull the trigger on anything under 6'2 they think their reach is less and are thus easier to block for bigger OL.  I never understood that logic because in football the low man wins, so why do I want a 6'4" guy...give me the 6'1" or 6'2" guy who is already 2/3 inches lower than the OL across from him.  ok rant over.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

Height is hurting him.  Listed at 6'1" could be a hair under, Big Schools rarely pull the trigger on anything under 6'2 they think their reach is less and are thus easier to block for bigger OL.  I never understood that logic because in football the low man wins, so why do I want a 6'4" guy...give me the 6'1" or 6'2" guy who is already 2/3 inches lower than the OL across from him.  ok rant over.

Bc they have shorter arm length allowing allowing opposing players to win hand battles and positioning 

On 7/5/2020 at 2:28 PM, H-towngreen said:

Bc they have shorter arm length allowing allowing opposing players to win hand battles and positioning 

Not always but yes I agree that is the "Knock" but if he has long arms and is high and the other guy is low and uses his hands well that can be negated.  I had one last year 6'1 1/4" but had wing span of a 6'4" player

On 7/7/2020 at 11:00 AM, GMG24 said:

Not always but yes I agree that is the "Knock" but if he has long arms and is high and the other guy is low and uses his hands well that can be negated.  I had one last year 6'1 1/4" but had wing span of a 6'4" player

Manase Mose was under recruited for being 6'1 but he's been an absolute steal for us. Easily our best OL recruit under Littrell so far

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2020 at 12:29 PM, GMG24 said:

NT best defensive linemen since Greene and Hardman, were Walter Chapman and Kennedy neither of which was 5'10".   So I hope the bigs want to keep just signing those tall guys.

27 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Not sure what's going on at ULM, but they also received a commitment from a high 3 star (.8777 rating) that had offers from across the country.  

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/James-Gillespie-122752/RecruitInterests/

Grades is the only explanation I can come up with.  Either that or they don't allow campus tours prior to kids committing. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2020 at 12:29 PM, GMG24 said:

Tell that to Booger!

• Thanks 1

On 8/28/2020 at 9:43 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

No!  Don’t!   @Hunter Green, that is terrible advice.  I would like GMG24 to stay alive.

I'm confused, I would take a solid 5'10-5'11 DT if they were dynamic.  I would also take a 6'1-6'2 DT before I would take a 6'4 DT because of leverage (as long as their arm length could help protect them)

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...