Not sure what this guy is smoking....

DeepGreen

24 minutes ago, ntexeagle said:

nUTSAck and UTEP are left out.  

Yep, he sent them down to FCS.

• A 120-school ecosystem, with 11 current FBS members relegated to FCS and one elevated from that level. Congratulations to North Dakota State; condolences to UTEP, Texas State, UTSA, South Alabama, Louisiana-Monroe, Bowling Green, New Mexico State, San Jose State, Coastal Carolina, Troy and Liberty.

6 hours ago, letsgiveacheer said:

Forde is a smart guy. This makes sense to me but of course it will never happen. It is interesting to note that he has ranked our profile 119 out of 120.

We made it in by the skin of our teeth!

The loss to Rice last year continues to haunt us. Haha.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

What is UTEP worth? Tulsa makes more sense, and has been competitive in FB and BB for the past few years

Tulsa is the smallest D1 school and has experienced financial problems. Their staff was taking pay cuts long before the current crisis. They may have to make some tough decisions down the road. That being said, a regional conference could be exactly what they need to stay viable. 

In football they had one winning season 2013-19. During that same period they had four 20 win seasons in basketball. Better, but not outstanding.

I don’t think UTEP brings a ton to a conference either except some rich history and the Sun Bowl. But I would take them over TxSt or UTSA for sure. In terms of market, UTSA makes the most sense over any of the above mentioned schools, as much as it pains me to say it. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Tulsa is the smallest D1 school and has experienced financial problems. Their staff was taking pay cuts long before the current crisis. They may have to make some tough decisions down the road. That being said, a regional conference could be exactly what they need to stay viable. 

In football they had one winning season 2013-19. During that same period they had four 20 win seasons in basketball. Better, but not outstanding.

I don’t think UTEP brings a ton to a conference either except some rich history and the Sun Bowl. But I would take them over TxSt or UTSA for sure. In terms of market, UTSA makes the most sense over any of the above mentioned schools, as much as it pains me to say it. 

Agree, but I really don't think UTSA delivers the SA market, they have horrendous facilities and don't have the support needed.  UTEP, although historically bad in football, is better across the board except for market.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Agree, but I really don't think UTSA delivers the SA market, they have horrendous facilities and don't have the support needed.  UTEP, although historically bad in football, is better across the board except for market.

UTEP, on occasion, can bring the El Paso market. UTSA should be able to deliver some of the San Antonio market, just because they have no other competition in the city. That's always been our problem--we share DFW with two private schools that have always been higher up the totem pole because they spent money on their programs AND got to play teams that the media and fans in DFW care about in their own stadiums.

The only other school in America who is remotely close to us in this obstacle is San Jose State, who struggles against Cal and Stanford for media coverage, but is still in a better conference than we are because the MWC wanted the Bay Area for exposure. 

3 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

UTEP, on occasion, can bring the El Paso market. UTSA should be able to deliver some of the San Antonio market, just because they have no other competition in the city. That's always been our problem--we share DFW with two private schools that have always been higher up the totem pole because they spent money on their programs AND got to play teams that the media and fans in DFW care about in their own stadiums.

The only other school in America who is remotely close to us in this obstacle is San Jose State, who struggles against Cal and Stanford for media coverage, but is still in a better conference than we are because the MWC wanted the Bay Area for exposure. 

UTSA ain't delivering the SA market.  Well, they do when they provide free buckets of chicken.