Another Company Leaving Seattle

23 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Just what we need.  More of the left coast crowd.  Texas is becoming more and more "soiled" with these people.

Yep, they leave that area because of politics and then vote in the same crap here.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4

Imagine the list of companies that are started in the liberal highly educated coast cities? 

Really hard to imagine a Google, MS or Tesla coming out of Salina or Omaha. That is the FOX dream though. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

38 minutes ago, MDH said:

13 people work here. I see Fox has taken their foot off the "look at Chicago" pedal and replaced it with "look at Seattle". Brilliant strategy. 

MSN:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/smallbusiness/billion-dollar-investment-firm-leaving-seattle-due-to-unrest/vi-BB15Sr68

My Northwest:

https://mynorthwest.com/1971699/seattle-unrest-firm-moving-phoenix/

There, does that make it more palatable?

Oh, and they are still covering Chicago, but you have to scroll to the bottom on the page when you Google Chicago's crime rate, because others are busy covering it as well.

https://www.foxnews.com/category/us/crime/chicagos-crime-wave

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

2 hours ago, MDH said:

13 people work here. I see Fox has taken their foot off the "look at Chicago" pedal and replaced it with "look at Seattle". Brilliant strategy. 

Still a Billion dollar company. As mentioned above they are still reporting the details of Chicago, but you and others don't seem to care as much about the victims week after week in Chicago. Guess it doesn't fit your personal narrative.  

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 4

5 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Imagine the list of companies that are started in the liberal highly educated coast cities? 

Really hard to imagine a Google, MS or Tesla coming out of Salina or Omaha. That is the FOX dream though. 

What's interesting is the paradigm shift caused from the virus....

Work from anywhere is going to be the next revolution. So someone making $300K living in a tiny house with 3 other people barely getting by in Silicon Valley can take that salary and live in a huge house and stretch their dollar further in Texas, Arizona, Utah, etc.

Facebook and other companies are already threatening to adjust the salaries of employees considering that...(seems foolish...but that's on them)

This also opens up a huge net for talent...so it's going to go both ways. Now companies can open their talent search.

Going to be interesting to watch.

• Upvote 4

21 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Still a Billion dollar company. As mentioned above they are still reporting the details of Chicago, but you and others don't seem to care as much about the victims week after week in Chicago. Guess it doesn't fit your personal narrative.  

Having a billion AUM (assets under management) does not mean you're a billion dollar company. I manage over $1b at a large investment shop but I am a few buckaroos short of being a billionaire myself.

I'll bet you the equivalent of all my client's dollars I'm more educated than you on the issues plaguing south side Chicago. The materials and literature lay outside the halls of Fox, Breitbart, AON, and your church, so let me know if you need a hand.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MDH said:

I'll bet you the equivalent of all my client's dollars I'm more educated than you on the issues plaguing south side Chicago. The materials and literature lay outside the halls of Fox, Breitbart, AON, and your church, so let me know if you need a hand.

Well don’t leave us hangin here...

What are the real issues?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 3

7 hours ago, MDH said:

Having a billion AUM (assets under management) does not mean you're a billion dollar company. I manage over $1b at a large investment shop but I am a few buckaroos short of being a billionaire myself.

Wow, another person telling us how smart they are. I prefer to get my information from friends and work associates who live in and around Chicago that I have been discussing with them for years, but hey what do they know compared to a genius like you.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2

On 7/1/2020 at 7:18 PM, TheColonyEagle said:

What's interesting is the paradigm shift caused from the virus....

Work from anywhere is going to be the next revolution. So someone making $300K living in a tiny house with 3 other people barely getting by in Silicon Valley can take that salary and live in a huge house and stretch their dollar further in Texas, Arizona, Utah, etc.

Facebook and other companies are already threatening to adjust the salaries of employees considering that...(seems foolish...but that's on them)

This also opens up a huge net for talent...so it's going to go both ways. Now companies can open their talent search.

Going to be interesting to watch.

Obviously remote work is not new - these companies have always had the ability to hire elsewhere. They pay the regional adjusted salaries when they do hire remote workers. So there is not a shift of high salary jobs behing offered in Omaha - Facebook will pay Omaha salaries.

I don't see a shift here other than companies not being able to dictate that a local worker needs to be in office x-amount if the time. Everything has moved to flex time - I wonder how that will change work. 

It's like Netflix and their unlimited PTO policy. Turns out people take less time off. Same for flex hours - people end up working more. 

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Obviously remote work is not new - these companies have always had the ability to hire elsewhere. They pay the regional adjusted salaries when they do hire remote workers. So there is not a shift of high salary jobs behing offered in Omaha - Facebook will pay Omaha salaries.

I don't see a shift here other than companies not being able to dictate that a local worker needs to be in office x-amount if the time. Everything has moved to flex time - I wonder how that will change work. 

It's like Netflix and their unlimited PTO policy. Turns out people take less time off. Same for flex hours - people end up working more. 

Has been the same for "work from home" - Seem to be working more hours

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Add to that, were on "4"day weeks - But still working six

that seems silly. 

do you ever feel like there should be some sort of mechanism for you and your co-workers to organize a collective idea of job expectations, hours, compensation that would help reduce or even completely prevent these kind of situations...like, something that could help bring more parity in the labor force / management dynamic through some kinda uniform voice for the workers? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2