Will there be fans in the stands?

emmitt01

I’m due to fly out to South Carolina to teach a local department at the beginning of September, and thought I’d catch a Gamecocks game while I am there (no real affinity for SC, but I like to see stadiums when I can).  

Admittedly, I could look all this up, but has anyone heard whether fans will be allowed in stadiums to start the season?  I know athletes are being allowed on campus to work out but I don’t know the stance on letting fans in.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I’m due to fly out to South Carolina to teach a local department at the beginning of September, and thought I’d catch a Gamecocks game while I am there (no real affinity for SC, but I like to see stadiums when I can).  

Admittedly, I could look all this up, but has anyone heard whether fans will be allowed in stadiums to start the season?  I know athletes are being allowed on campus to work out but I don’t know the stance on letting fans in.  

What I have heard/read is that if will differ from state to state. Most will be open but at limited capacity

The flavor of the day answer is, there’s no solid answer to that question, yet ... So far everyone is staying out of the corner when that question is asked. 

Not sure if it was posted yet or not.. But, the annual Navy vs Notre Dame game to be played in Dublin this September was cancelled a couple weeks ago.  That really sucks... Think about how many people have scheduled travel plans and vacays around this event. (BTW, I went to Dublin in 2012 to see Navy vs ND, it was a blast). So far, the game has been rescheduled to be played in Annapolis. (Yes, even though being played in Ireland, and ND are the Fighting Irish, technically, Navy was to be the HOME team, it's their turn in the series...)

This will be  the first time the game has every been played in Annapolis, in the series (Since 1927...)That’s very telling, because whenever Navy is the home team, they have to play off campus, because of the huge crowd the game brings, especially ND fans.  Navy’s stadium only holds a little more than 40K.  So far, there’s  no real info on how tickets work at this point.  So I think that means it’s just a placeholder for now, until they get more details figured out.  It could likely end up being reduced tickets sold -or- no fans allowed...

I’m concerned this might end up being the case for numerous games.   I hope I’m wrong. 

Edited by trud1966
  • Thanks 1

yeah but how will they separate us as season ticket holders?   we are sitting together more or less.  I better not end up on the west side facing the sun.....lol.  I bet there will be no visitor tickets available with he exception of maybe family.  Darn we will lose those 133 SMU fans this year.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1

I'm thinking a lot of people will stay in the tailgating area especially if they are high risk and watch or listen to the games on tv.  In the tailgating area you can social distance and you aren't shoulder to shoulder with strangers.  Club holders will be in good shape as well as they seem to have a lot of room up there but I am not sure how they will serve the food and drinks.

• Upvote 1

It’s an sec stadium and game in September.  It will be standing room only, sanctioned or unsanctioned or as they say in the South blessed or cursed. 

enjoy and Go Cocks!

GMG

Edited by NM Green
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

On 6/15/2020 at 11:25 AM, southsideguy said:

yeah but how will they separate us as season ticket holders?   we are sitting together more or less.  I better not end up on the west side facing the sun.....lol.  I bet there will be no visitor tickets available with he exception of maybe family.  Darn we will lose those 133 SMU fans this year.

Bought my tx yesterday, including specifying which seats to install the seat-back.  So, unless they renumber the stadium (or make a major announcement), I know where I'm going to sit.

I have connections at the LA Memorial Coliseum.  Apparently IF they have fans for this coming season, the stadium will be capped at 15,600.  It currently seats about 75K after their renovation, so if we translate that to Apogee...maybe 6K fans?

• Eye Roll 1

46 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I have connections at the LA Memorial Coliseum.  Apparently IF they have fans for this coming season, the stadium will be capped at 15,600.  It currently seats about 75K after their renovation, so if we translate that to Apogee...maybe 6K fans?

SELL OUT!

• Upvote 1

On 6/14/2020 at 9:46 AM, emmitt01 said:

I certainly hope that the title of your training will be something like "More Mayberry and less Fallujah"

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

I renewed mine yesterday and I'm down for the same as last year plus one.  I asked about the spacing and I was told that decision will be made in July.  That could be because the governor could move capacity back to 25% or forward to 75%.  Unless they come up with a proven vaccine I seriously doubt that we'll be at 100%.  

I haven't heard anything about South Carolina but since Clemson had the highest number of infections in the FBS I feel that there will be no more than 50% allowed to attend and only smaller schools (Furman, the Citadel, etc.) might sell season tickets at fewer than one-half capacity.

• Upvote 1

Renewed my season tickets and MGSF donation. Did the 110% thing like last year. It’s a smart marketing move and an easy way to pick up a few extra bucks for the fund. 
No one from my family is likely to attend this season given their health status, but the department needs the money. 

• Upvote 1

All decisions concerning this virus pandemic should be based on science and health above all other considerations.  Whether tam and tu get to play football to a full house should be based on what is best for the people of Texas.  What we have found out about this this flu is it does not just stay in one area/nation/state/city, it moves as we do.  

I sent my donation to the MGSF at a level that is more than what is required for my tickets.  I am afraid there will not be any games in the fall as this flu in America is probably going to get worse.  Wear your mask that should help.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

WIN GAMES!!!

• Upvote 7