Seattle 'autonomous zone'

6 hours ago, Quoner said:

By all means, tell me what facts have I missed here and I'll adjust accordingly. Ngo's credibility issues and willingness to edit reality for attention are well documented, but I'm open to anything else you've got - especially if it supercedes that first hand account (and updates from an entire office of coworkers in the city, plus members of my wife's family who live there. If they are being held and forced to report an alternate reality, I certainly don't want to sit here and pretend it is okay.)

https://disrn.com/news/seattle-police-chief-says-rapes-robberies-occurring-inside-autonomous-zone-and-they-cannot-respond-to-calls

https://disrn.com/news/seattle-police-chief-says-rapes-robberies-occurring-inside-autonomous-zone-and-they-cannot-respond-to-calls

https://nypost.com/2020/06/11/lawless-in-seattle-city-lets-anarchists-seize-downtown-blocks/

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

You just linked to a NY Post op-ed from yesterday tied to the original rumors and the serious news arm of the Babylon Bee with quotes no one else has run and were confident this was a real gotcha moment. Sadly, this still might be one of your most informed posts. 

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5

50 minutes ago, ttunt1970 said:

So Quoner give  if I give your dog treats and you a bottle of water can go to your house or business spray with graffiti and maybe ask for ID to get in your home that’s alright with you give me a break

There's now hundreds of accounts that the boogeyman version of this is not true and a handful of conservative media sites demanding it really is that way. Why do you need the conservative exaggeration to be true so badly?

You are being played.

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

50 minutes ago, Quoner said:

There's now hundreds of accounts that the boogeyman version of this is not true and a handful of conservative media sites demanding it really is that way. Why do you need the conservative exaggeration to be true so badly?

You are being played.

Nevermind the Come and Take It patch on his chest lol.  The Rubes will eat it up.

On 6/12/2020 at 8:32 AM, Censored by Laurie said:

I'm curious to see how it plays out. as I mentioned, Christiania was formed in a similar manner and has been in existence now for nearly 50 years with various levels of blessing and contention with the Danish/Copenhagen government. 

I've been through the place on foot...interesting, but VERY different today than when first constructed...and getting less and less "free" by the year. Full of trash when I was there...stalls selling "stuff" and people just sitting around doing nothing.  If that is what Seattle is aiming for...well, good luck to them. Remember, drugs had a big part to play in the establishment of this "utopia".  Pretty much a tourist attraction today. Just my review from my once personal experience walking through the place and chatting with a few "residents".  Have to tell you...I was big time disappointed. Expected a "hippie paradise"...nope.  Well, maybe it is a "hippie paradise" after all....

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 3

In Seattle,  agree with it or not, everyone seems to be in agreement that the Federal government has no authority on this local issue. It's up to the mayor or governor.  So if we agree that these issues are state/city issues, then when something goes wrong why blame the Federal government?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2020 at 7:58 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

In Seattle,  agree with it or not, everyone seems to be in agreement that the Federal government has no authority on this local issue. It's up to the mayor or governor.  So if we agree that these issues are state/city issues, then when something goes wrong why blame the Federal government?

Because it's the lazy thing to do, and most people don't know who their elected officials are anyway.

• Upvote 2