‘21 TE Var’Keyes Gumms - Dekaney [SIGNED LOI]

Not that I expect this to be implemented across the board but we ranked on the 2nd page for the search involving just his name...

The difference (see below) is that every other search result involves his name first...then class/position.  In the future we need to make sure we follow this trend when giving titles to our recruiting threads involving individual players.  I know this doesn't make too much sense to a lot of you but it is my line of work and I can say (with confidence) that it makes a huge difference in rankings to Google.  The first few words of article or thread title decides how much Google says you are relevant and should be ranked higher.  We have pages from larger schools with minimal content ranking ahead of us for the search under his name.  Let's try and make this uniform if we can since it is clear that he has seen us talking about him and has surely looked at the thread on this board.

Thanks!

image.png

9 hours ago, All About UNT said:

Not that I expect this to be implemented across the board but we ranked on the 2nd page for the search involving just his name...

The difference (see below) is that every other search result involves his name first...then class/position.  In the future we need to make sure we follow this trend when giving titles to our recruiting threads involving individual players.  I know this doesn't make too much sense to a lot of you but it is my line of work and I can say (with confidence) that it makes a huge difference in rankings to Google.  The first few words of article or thread title decides how much Google says you are relevant and should be ranked higher.  We have pages from larger schools with minimal content ranking ahead of us for the search under his name.  Let's try and make this uniform if we can since it is clear that he has seen us talking about him and has surely looked at the thread on this board.

Thanks!

image.png

Will do!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • BillySee58 changed the title to ‘21 TE Var’Keyes Gumms - Dekaney [SIGNED LOI]
  • 4 weeks later...