Hopefully, the link I posted works. But, the police have released the full 40min. Plus video of the arrest. I watched the full video. I encourage you to do the same. Much has been made of this arrest...what ya think?

https://dentonrc.com/news/unt-police-release-footage-in-arrest-of-black-man/article_9f793c6a-5a67-501d-bb3b-6820b965d678.html

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

That's interesting...within a minute of posting the topic someone gives it an eye roll.  Obviously, has not watched the video, but felt the need to "eye roll"...interesting...maybe a relative of Councilwomen Armintor...Ha! BTW, Councilwoman Armintor is a professor of English at UNT. 

It's almost as if some people "vote" based on the person posting, not the content of the post 🤔

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

It's almost as if some people "vote" based on the person posting, not the content of the post 🤔

😂😂😂. Ya think? 🤔🤔🤔🤔

• Haha 6

17 hours ago, NT93 said:

That cop was going out of his to make the situation as non-confrontational as possible.  

And, yet, we have a UNT English Professor City Councilwoman who is did her best to screw over the cop and the UNT Police. Deb Armintor is a pitiful excuse for a Councilwoman. She seems intent on dividing the city rather than doing her best to unify it. She lied, she knows she lied, and she steadfastly refuses to apologize.

Now, it seems, UNT is thinking about providing free bicycle lights for students.  Wondering what about 40,000 bicycle lights cost? Anyone out there want to start a donation fund? If lights are offered, UNT must be prepared to provide at least one for every enrolled student that requests one. So, donors need to step up or something is going to be cut from the budget to cover the costs of the lights I would guess.

Not official, just one of the things Dr. Smatresk mentioned in his BLM Town Hall meeting for students yesterday.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

47 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

And, yet, we have a UNT English Professor City Councilwoman who is did her best to screw over the cop and the UNT Police. Deb Armintor is a pitiful excuse for a Councilwoman. She seems intent on dividing the city rather than doing her best to unify it. She lied, she knows she lied, and she steadfastly refuses to apologize.

Now, it seems, UNT is thinking about providing free bicycle lights for students.  Wondering what about 40,000 bicycle lights cost? Anyone out there want to start a donation fund? If lights are offered, UNT must be prepared to provide at least one for every enrolled student that requests one. So, donors need to step up or something is going to be cut from the budget to cover the costs of the lights I would guess.

Not official, just one of the things Dr. Smatresk mentioned in his BLM Town Hall meeting for students yesterday.

Just one more thing they can add to "fees" that they can charge.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, untbowler said:

Talk about the Councilwoman but the President of UNT was also quick to throw under the bus with out seeing all information. 

He said it was a regrettable incident. In this climate do you want them throw a ticker-tape parade for arresting an African American?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

7 minutes ago, xyresic said:

He said it was a regrettable incident. In this climate do you want them throw a ticker-tape parade for arresting an African American?

I guess the warrant for his arrest should have just been ignored?  The cop was watching out for the guys safety and was simply going to give him a warning...even after he was non-compliant AND tried to leave.

Its unbelievable that anyone could think this cop did anything wrong at all. 

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 4

Never said the police did anything wrong. They were wanting to give him a break and followed the book. I think UNTPD does a great job.

I think if you listen to the full statements he was supportive of the Police, while balancing things as best as can be done right now. I was disagreeing that they were thrown under the bus. I have a lot of insight into this and I will just leave it at that.

• Upvote 2