2020 Dave Campbells Cover

Jonnyeagle

3 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

What is the Dallas on the jersey for? Looks stupid but I guess it’s better than smut.

Trying anything they can to get Dallas to embrace them. Not going to happen.

I have to give Transfer U credit, they found a way to improve. Still not sure how long term it will impact their scholarships. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I have to give Transfer U credit, they found a way to improve. Still not sure how long term it will impact their scholarships. 

That was this year.  15 recruits when the limit is 25: 

https://247sports.com/college/smu/Season/2020-Football/Commits/

Also, we've had about half a dozen transfer out as well.  

Edited by SMUleopold
grammer
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

While I am no fan of SMU, I hope Buechele does well enough in all their other games, besides us, to get drafted ahead of the Anointed one down in Austin. 

The "Anointed One" down in Austin is a really good QB.  Tough as nails.  I've seen him in person several times.  Don't be alarmed.  My brother has season tickets to games in Austin.  Free food for me.  And the "eye candy" is that good!

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

The "Anointed One" down in Austin is a really good QB.  Tough as nails.  I've seen him in person several times.  Don't be alarmed.  My brother has season tickets to games in Austin.  Free food for me.  And the "eye candy" is that good!

I think the entire program in Austin under performs. Based on the money they spend and the talent they haven't been impressive

• Upvote 4

I’m continually amazed at the media who act like it’s some great thing to have pissant SMU back to being good and relevant again. It’s like they all feel guilty for getting them the Death Penalty.

That said, they’re gonna be really good again. Dykes is a helluva coach and Buechele is the real deal. I’ll admit that I’m not looking forward to playing them this year, even if it’s at home. I fear the ass-kicking we got when Courtland Sutton ran around our secondary like he was playing a bunch of kindergarteners.... 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

My initial reaction to the cover:  “Is that the XFL or something?  Why is Texas Football putting THAT on the cover?”

Once I realized who/what it was, I still asked myself the second question.🤣🤣

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

What gets me is that Fine had better numbers and a higher rating coming off his junior year, plus he is a better story.  Just not a fan of Cheater U and their celebration of the Pony Express teams that were bought and paid for.

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 3

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

What gets me is that Fine had better numbers and a higher rating coming off his junior year, plus he is a better story.  Just not a fan of Cheater U and their celebration of the Pony Express teams that were bought and paid for.

Not to mention there are no more than about 100 people who will buy this because an SMU player is on the cover...

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1