Bussey to Hawaii???

THOR

I don't get it unless he just wants the island life

yes they throw a lot...3 1000+ yd receivers last year, just thought he would land at a larger, more prominent school.  

great for him to find a new place to play...will be watching late night hawaii games

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

if Bussey left UNT because of our QB situation, then this move is even more confusing.

Hawaii's starting QB skipped his coming senior year to enter the NFL draft.   He was drafted in the 7th round by Tennessee.
https://www.hawaii.edu/news/2020/04/25/mcdonald-drafted-titans/

The Hawaii depth chart for 2020 shows nobody slated at QB right now (of course they do have them on the roster).

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/hawaii/90636

This is just a curious move all around, unless he just wants to spend a year on the beaches.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

Plus they are breaking in a new coach, so the entire offensive philosophy might go more conservative than what he could’ve played in at UNT. This move doesn’t feel right to me for him but I wish him all the best.

When I lived in Hawaii for three years it was like having that expensive vacation every weekend. Maybe this is just an opportunity to enjoy the beach and Island Air for a year.
GMG

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

I think people need to realize that going back to UNT has been off the table for months. He didn’t choose Hawaii over coming back to UNT. He chose it over whatever his other options were.

Which brings me to a question that I've had since it first became evident that he wasn't coming back. To use that line from a Blues Bros. song....."well, what did I say to piss you off this time Baaaaaby"

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Could you elaborate on that a bit?  Or are you just speculating?

I would be speculating as to why there was a divide, but there has been plenty already posted on the board indicating UNT and Bussey wasn’t going to be a thing in 2020. Wasn’t really part of the team after the injury, was in the stands during games, and was removed from the roster pretty early on. 

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1

Let this be a good indication to you guys who fear the sky is falling when it comes to letting kids transfer where they want and how they want one time.  Bussey was an amazing player for us, and yes he had the injury which probably limited *some* opportunities, but he's healthy now and despite his talent he goes to Hawaii. 

Edited by UNT18Grad
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

I would be speculating as to why there was a divide, but there has been plenty already posted on the board indicating UNT and Bussey wasn’t going to be a thing in 2020. Wasn’t really part of the team after the injury, was in the stands during games, and was removed from the roster pretty early on. 

Would be interesting to know what happened.  Something happened and we may never know.  He's gone and we move on.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1