NEW LIBERTY UNIVERSITY FACILITIES

There has been a lot of negative talk regarding Liberty. I believe one thing that worries a lot of schools is their access to money -

https://footballscoop.com/news/video-hugh-freeze-takes-you-on-a-tour-of-libertys-new-football-center/

https://www.aseaofred.com/video-photo-liberty-arena/

They are investing

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 7
  • Downvote 2

More power to them.  Meanwhile some papers are trying to stick us with Monroe.  I applaud their effort and they will become a BYU one day,  Which is rich with a national following. I’m all about the doers so way to go Flames.

GMG

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 6

1 hour ago, NM Green said:

More power to them.  Meanwhile some papers are trying to stick us with Monroe.  I applaud their effort and they will become a BYU one day,  Which is rich with a national following. I’m all about the doers so way to go Flames.

GMG

Interesting comparison. I wonder, based on the smaller conference TV packages if they might decide to stay Independent? If they continue to go to Bowl games they could potentially pick up additional revenue without having to split it??

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, ADLER said:

The school was billed as a 'pre-fab Notre Dame for evangelicals' when it was founded, and they've certainly made major strides. This school will very likely be the location for Trump's presidential library.

That or Hillsdale

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2

55 minutes ago, ADLER said:

The school was billed as a 'pre-fab Notre Dame for evangelicals' when it was founded, and they've certainly made major strides. This school will very likely be the location for Trump's presidential library.

1500 students remained on campus and not one got Cov-19.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/liberty-university-wrongly-declared-a-virus-disaster-now-the-model-to-follow-falwell

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 6
  • Downvote 8

4 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

With the Budget issues everyone is having, do not be surprised to see a conference accept Liberty and their willingness to pay an "entry fee"

Didn't they offer the SBC an ark fill of money to join and were turned down?

• Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

This is just simply not true. Why do you turn everything into some BS argument?

No one died - but not true that "not one" got Covid 19. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/30/liberty-university-coronavirus-student-positive-jerry-falwell-jr

Also only 10% of their students stayed on campus. So ... of that 150 kids on campus, not attending classes in person, they remained safe. That is not too hard to believe, no? 

Not to mention a couple employees tested positive. 

But in a very Trump-ian move, Falwell is threatening to sue reporters that are reporting the cases. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 9

25 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

This is just simply not true. Why do you turn everything into some BS argument?

No one died - but not true that "not one" got Covid 19. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/30/liberty-university-coronavirus-student-positive-jerry-falwell-jr

Also only 10% of their students stayed on campus. So ... of that 150 kids on campus, not attending classes in person, they remained safe. That is not too hard to believe, no? 

Not to mention a couple employees tested positive. 

But in a very Trump-ian move, Falwell is threatening to sue reporters that are reporting the cases. 

Those political panties are wadded up so tight you just can’t read fast enough.

...”At least one student who returned to Liberty University“...

Returned means he was off campus.  In fact, if memory serves he was training for a shot in the NFL when he tested positive.

And yes, I missed the 1100 students, not 1500.  You got me🙄.

Heres one from Sunday.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/may/24/liberal-media-taking-liberties-with-jerry-falwell-/

...”Liberty University, which the media predicted would be Ground Zero for a deadly outbreak of coronavirus, has not reported a single on-campus case. Not one.

.....On March 30, The Washington Post ran an editorial, “Irresponsible decisions like Jerry Falwell Jr.’s put untold numbers of people at risk.” The Post cited The New York Times’ contention that about a dozen Liberty students “were sick with symptoms that suggested COVID-19.”

It turns out that the students had common colds or the flu or something other than COVID-19. Only one student tested positive, and he was living off-campus.

Several other universities, such as Rutgers, Pepperdine, Valencia and Texas A&M, introduced similar policies, but only Liberty was singled out for a press whipping”...

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 8
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 10

52 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Those political panties are wadded up so tight you just can’t read fast enough.

...”At least one student who returned to Liberty University“...

Returned means he was off campus.  In fact, if memory serves he was training for a shot in the NFL when he tested positive.

Antonio Gandy-Golden....(Went 5-51 and no TD’s against the Mean Green in 2018).

“Redskins draft pick from Liberty says he had coronavirus”

https://www.bing.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5228876002

..”"During my pre-draft training, I tested positive for COVID-19 on March 24," Gandy-Golden said in a statement. "My symptoms thankfully were mild, but I self-quarantined for two weeks and followed all guidelines from health experts. I was fully cleared April 7. I feel 100% now and can’t wait to get on the field for the Redskins ASAP! #HTTR!!"

Rick

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 6

1 hour ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Your math is terrible. My panties fit great. Your sleight of hand is a mean green wonder.   

I just misquoted a number from a news story and yet still got it more overall accurate than you did.

Edit:  In fact, I was correct after all.  I knew I had seen 1500 somewhere...from the original Washington Examiner article I linked to:

...”While some other schools locked the doors to dorms after spring break and as the pandemic spread, Falwell said he let 1,500 students return to dorms under strict rules of social distancing. Most returned because they had elderly parents at home they wanted to keep safe, or they didn’t have internet, or they were international students’...

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 6

FFR - what does Covid have to do with football and their facilities? This is absurd. Quit turning every thread into your 'poor Republicans, poor Christians, poor Trump.' Just stop. It is tiring. People that enjoy MGF stop coming to the site if they can't avoid your irritating snowflaking on nearly every thread. 

• Upvote 11
  • Ray 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 8

29 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

FFR - what does Covid have to do with football and their facilities? This is absurd. Quit turning every thread into your 'poor Republicans, poor Christians, poor Trump.' Just stop. It is tiring. People that enjoy MGF stop coming to the site if they can't avoid your irritating snowflaking on nearly every thread. 

I’m not the one to first mention Trump  and you were the first one that brought politics into this thread genius. 

Why don’t you do yourself a favor and put me on ignore?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 9

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

I’m not the one to first mention Trump  and you were the first one that brought politics into this thread genius. 

Why don’t you do yourself a favor and put me on ignore?

Rick

Someone mentioned the potential home of a presidential library and you went all in on politics. The word Trump on its own is not a green light to post whatever headline you saw Laura Ingraham share on twitter. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 7

1 minute ago, Quoner said:

Someone mentioned the potential home of a presidential library and you went all in on politics. The word Trump on its own is not a green light to post whatever headline you saw Laura Ingraham share on twitter. 

Nope, but brought up the virus.  How was Lawrence O'Donnell last night?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 6

13 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Nope, but brought up the virus.  How was Lawrence O'Donnell last night?

I enjoyed googling who that was. If you've ever seen the official twitter of the liberty fireman before he got called out of it, it's a mess of RTs and fandom of her and her ilk. Glad you could participate here, though. This thread was missing your trademark brand of non-substantive post count meter running horseshit. You'd been quieter, so were worried you were somehow learning self-awareness and the value of not commenting in every thread. 

I mean, if anyone was going to appreciate keeping the board on topic, I figured it would be the guy who whines about it constantly, but I guess you've sold out?

Edited by Quoner
Lifer sucks and I thought of more to say
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 5

34 minutes ago, Quoner said:

I enjoyed googling who that was. If you've ever seen the official twitter of the liberty fireman before he got called out of it, it's a mess of RTs and fandom of her and her ilk. Glad you could participate here, though. This thread was missing your trademark brand of non-substantive post count meter running horseshit. You'd been quieter, so were worried you were somehow learning self-awareness and the value of not commenting in every thread. 

I mean, if anyone was going to appreciate keeping the board on topic, I figured it would be the guy who whines about it constantly, but I guess you've sold out?

Thanks for regaling us with more of your useless banter.  If it wasn't for this thread/forum, you'd be downright silent.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 6