Who is UNT’s best player?

BillySee58

UNT’s best player 2020  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be UNT’s best player in 2020?

For me, this is a two-horse race.  It was a tough one for me to choose, because Darden is very very good.  He's absolutely electric when the ball is in his hands.
But I had to go with Dion Novil.   He's playing a position that is not glamorous at all, and countable stats (T, TFL, Sacks, Hurries) are hard for him to come by, especially when he's getting double-teamed often in a 3-man front.   That said, by him commanding those double-teams, it makes him critical in controlling the LOS, and eating blockers so Davis&Davis can fly around and make plays.   He's a huge man.

We still haven't heard what Coach Bowen's base D will be.  Hopefully it's a 4-3, and Novil has a little more wiggle-room to rack up those stats.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Shorter has some huge shoes to fill. He came on late last season, but I really think Darden could approach 100 catches this year. With Lawrence and Smith(who was pretty much absent last year too) gone, Darden is gonna be that guy going across the middle and making plays up the seams. Shorter is gonna be great outside, but I think Darden will be the safety blanket, and I think that makes him much more important.

That being said, I'm curious to see who emerges as the starting tight end as they could have a huge role as well

It is tricky going for a wr, when most of us have no idea of what the QB play will be. 

With an overall inexperienced defensive line, have to go with Novel as most valuable player.

Best is a little different from most valuable.  The others nominated above maybe better players, but this team is loaded with wrs and rbs.  

Impossible to evaluate offensive linemen unless they have earned a lot of accolades. Davis is a solid lb, but I don't think he is the best player on the team. 

I think everyone without some personal interest in the players, hopes that the best player will be whoever ends up a QB.  

3 hours ago, golfingomez said:

do we still technically have Rico Bussey?

He is in the transfer portal.  Color him gone.  I suppose that if he received no offers he might stay but I just can't believe that would happen.

Edited by GrayEagle