Whose going to the game...."Wearing a Mask"??

6 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

Most of the masks people are wearing are ineffective at both protecting from the virus and stopping the spread of the virus.

2C97C293-BBBC-49CD-BDE9-13ED72C99CEA.png.5ae06b56a605b9b6b323cbbfe0d37ffb.png

Which leads me to ask.....If masks work, why do we need to be separated by 6 feet?  

If being separated by 6 feet works why do we need masks?

Steve Martin Idk GIF

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 5

8 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Not for the guy on the right it wasn’t.  

AEE1C441-BDFA-4A0A-8964-17FF03001512.png

And is the guy in the white shirt selling beer with no mask or even gloves on???? How dare he?😇

Rick

Both guys probably died a couple of days after that. The masks they were using back then were even less effective than the ones that are being worn today. It was not uncommon for a perfectly healthy young man to wake up in the morning, show symptoms, and then be dead by evening. 

Most experts acknowledge that the basic cloth masks are only effective in preventing you from sneezing/coughing/talking loud and spreading "droplets" to someone close by.  

I started out with a bandana that was folded into a triangle (western/bandit style),  And then I inserted a coffee filter/Kleenex sandwich (coffee filter-Kleenex-coffee filter on top) between the folds and then folded the bottom of the triangle up. I then had a "cloth/coffee filter/Kleenex sandwich & two layers of cloth" ….mask. 

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Because both have proven separately as well as combine to save lives and prevent injury for going on 135 years now(seat belts)?

Rick

Ok. Now say that again... but for the question you originally asked. Same logic applies. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 3

5 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Both guys probably died a couple of days after that. The masks they were using back then were even less effective than the ones that are being worn today. It was not uncommon for a perfectly healthy young man to wake up in the morning, show symptoms, and then be dead by evening. 

Most experts acknowledge that the basic cloth masks are only effective in preventing you from sneezing/coughing/talking loud and spreading "droplets" to someone close by.  

I started out with a bandana that was folded into a triangle (western/bandit style),  And then I inserted a coffee filter/Kleenex sandwich (coffee filter-Kleenex-coffee filter on top) between the folds and then folded the bottom of the triangle up. I then had a "cloth/coffee filter/Kleenex sandwich & two layers of cloth" ….mask. 

I've been wearing my 3m painter half mask in public.  If it can stop aerosolized paint it should do somewhat well with a virus. I look like an idiot though.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Because both have proven separately as well as combine to save lives and prevent injury for going on 135 years now(seat belts)?

Rick

Yup. And the dumbasses that fought tooth and nail to oppose that for a century were even in the news today. Ain't history grand and full of lessons?

https://www.businessinsider.com/when-americans-went-to-war-against-seat-belts-2020-5

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 2

Count me in the minority. Absolutely not or anywhere else that I am required to do so. They have the freedom to require me to wear one in their venue while I have the equal freedom to steer clear of their venue altogether. Masks and gloves wouldn’t be necessary at all if people just practiced proper caution. If you treat every person you come into contact with as if they or you have horrid breath and you treat every surface that has touched human hands as if it had shit on it you will be just fine. You won’t get sick from having shit on your hands but you may if you touch your face with shit covered hands. Don’t touch your face with unwashed hands and use a paper towel to open a door after you’ve washed your hands. Simple common sense that works just as well for the flu, colds, and coronavirus. People have a false sense of security because of these masks and gloves and it will cause more harm than if people just used proper distance and good hand washing like they should have from the beginning.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1