Reaction to Covid vs Covid itself?

Catching the Virus or Losing your job  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know anyone that has tested positive for Covid-19? Do you know anyone that has lost their job? Do you know both? Do you know neither?

• Yes - I know someone that has tested positive for Covid-19
    • Yes - I know someone that has been furloughed, laid off or taken a pay cut
    • I know both someone that has tested positive as well as someone who has been furloughed, laid off or taken a pay cut
    • I don't know anyone that has tested positive or been furloughed, laid off or taken a pay cut

I’ve not missed a single day of work since January 3rd.  Seen my share of death and injury but none from Cov-19. Mostly car wrecks. 

It seems the less crowded the streets become the more severe the carnage..  Made a terrible one yesterday involving a teen that attends a local university.😔

I’m looking forward to retiring.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Thanks 3

On 5/15/2020 at 9:03 PM, FirefightnRick said:

I’ve not missed a single day of work since January 3rd.  Seen my share of death and injury but none from Cov-19. Mostly car wrecks. 

It seems the less crowded the streets become the more severe the carnage..  Made a terrible one yesterday involving a teen that attends a local university.😔

I’m looking forward to retiring.

Rick

Rick, we have argued on this topic so I will preface my question by saying upfront that it isn’t meant to challenge you or get any specific response out of you. I am honestly curious.

Has the risk of infection changed how you respond to emergencies? Did the department institute new safety measures to protect your or victims? 
My assumption would be yes in some way but also seems like it would be difficult in some cases. 
Thanks in advance for your response.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Rick, we have argued on this topic so I will preface my question by saying upfront that it isn’t meant to challenge you or get any specific response out of you. I am honestly curious.

Has the risk of infection changed how you respond to emergencies? Did the department institute new safety measures to protect your or victims? 
My assumption would be yes in some way but also seems like it would be difficult in some cases. 
Thanks in advance for your response.

Yes. It changed nearly every shift for a week or two but we worked the kinks out.

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Luckily, I and my management team were moved to the main hospital campus to assist there since they closed our facility on March 17th.  Due to the shut down of elective procedures and out patient services, I have seen many hospital workers either furlough or had their hours reduced.  I do not know anyone personally that has contracted the virus.  We re-opened our facility this morning under strict guidelines.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1