Masks at Apogee **REQUIRED**

During a meeting with the Alumni Board yesterday, Dr. Neal was asked about fall sports.  He said they hope to have sports but you need other teams to play, so a lot depends on what rest of the conference decides to do.  As far as game day, he said everyone who attends a game will be required to wear a mask.  I hope by the time September rolls around, things will look a look a lot different but who knows.

I saw this option pop up on my Facebook feed...https://ntmluxury.com/product/north-texas-mean-green-fm3d5-v-ntm0091

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, Venson said:

I may get down voted for this, but part of the game day experience is to eat and drink and it is just very inconvenient to eat and drink with a mask on. You would have to pull the mask down at some point to eat comfortably. Hopefully we will have a more definitive answer by mid June because season tickets are due by June 30th. I am not sure I can enjoy the game day experience fully with a mask on. I will still donate to the MGSF, but I don't know if I would purchase my season tickets.

Sadly they will probably not allow, or limit tailgating 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Part of the school experience is learning, but we put 4th graders through active shooter drills so everyone can keep their guns.

I can put on a mask so that everyone can watch a football game.

Doing a drill and wearing something on your face is not the same. That's usually over in a few minutes and happens about once a semester. It's not an every Friday thing for an entire semester that requires them to wear masks for 3 hours.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

10 hours ago, Venson said:

I may get down voted for this, but part of the game day experience is to eat and drink and it is just very inconvenient to eat and drink with a mask on. You would have to pull the mask down at some point to eat comfortably. Hopefully we will have a more definitive answer by mid June because season tickets are due by June 30th. I am not sure I can enjoy the game day experience fully with a mask on. I will still donate to the MGSF, but I don't know if I would purchase my season tickets.

I would wager if we're having to wear masks at the game they will likely not have concessions, which would suck.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

Why not— we could just have everyone 6 feet apart?  Concessions is one of the things we most enjoy.

If you keep people six feet apart then there will be like two people in each stand which is not enough.  Also if we keep people six feet apart the stadium will be very very empty. We're still too far out, in my opinion, to know what we will need to do. Hopefully they extend the season ticket deadline. 

I 100% agree, concessions enhance the game day experience by a significant margin.  I would wager part of my "extra fluff" is due directly to concessions where I say "calories don't count". 

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Now for those few folks over in dallas who show up every now and then for games at Ford Stadium, I could see how staying six feet apart really would be nothing new for them, but at Apogee that would be a big problem.  So if you're a season ticket holder are they going to let you only go to three home games and the your Mean Green buddies on either side of you will go to a different three games?  One in Sept, one in Oct, and one in Nov.?  Masks in September will be "fun in the sun"  KIckoff better be at around 9:00 pm or folks will be dropping all over the stadium.