North Texas was ranked #17 in week 9?

21 minutes ago, MeanGreenTeeth said:

1959?  Why is this coming up?   Probably 85% of the people at that game are dead by now.

I got to say that this has to be nominated for the dumbest post of the year. 

Please tell us how far back in NT history are we allowed to go back?  

You know that NT athletics was the first to integrate in Texas two years before that.  Not a worthwhile story in your view?

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

You know that NT athletics was the first to integrate in Texas two years before that.  Not a worthwhile story in your view?

I would like to second your nomination 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Good Lord.  Don't get your panties in a such a twist.  It just seemed like a completely  random thread. 

Edited by MeanGreenTeeth
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

Ohhh I know the context behind this. SMU FB made a post about greatest comeback when they beat Tulsa in like double OT and rushed the field. So naturally me hating smu, I replied saying "Imagine rushing the field after beating Tulsa" which is true because it was weird no matter how they won. Of course their dumbass fans replied and then that happened out of know where lol 

No idea why that was brought up, but thats the context behind this weird thread...

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Don't try to explain the unexplainable.  What is a random thread versus any other kind?

A confusing snip from the middle of a  Twitter discussion with no context referencing a game from 61 years ago with no additional details given, makes it a pretty random thread in my estimation.   

I didn't realize making a snarky remark to point it out would mean I hated history and old people.   My apologies. I'll start putting a trigger warning before all my posts going forward.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

On 5/8/2020 at 8:13 PM, greenminer said:

"History is dumb.  Put it in a book on the back shelf so I can ignore it."

Well, sometimes History IS written and/or interpreted by the dumb. But most of the time it's written (as the old saying goes) by the winners of the event......with an agenda. Because of that I don't think we will ever fully know the true story of Custer's last military engagement, or what really happened in Tombstone Or Billy the Kid's real background..

But it's fun to "dig around".

• Thanks 1