Oregon Gov cancels sportz thru Sept

How stupid can it get?

”Outdoor pools to stay closed for summer at city of Plano recreation facilities”

.......BUT INDOOR POOLS WILL BE OPEN.

https://communityimpact.com/dallas-fort-worth/plano/parks-recreation/2020/05/14/outdoor-pools-to-stay-closed-for-summer-at-city-of-plano-recreation-facilities/

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

33 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Glad to know next time someone goes after Trump's appearance you will be there to defend him. 

Show me one time I've ever made fun of it. (And why should I defend anyone wants to make fun of it...the only reason I defended the lady was because Rick specifically attacked me with her picture while quoting me in his post)

For that matter, show me how many times I've ever really criticized the President on GMG.  I never have tried to make this coronavirus situation a political argument.  I rarely wade into them here.  But I do take issue with questioning death figures and the like.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

....”FOLLOW THE SCIENCE!,...NO, NOT YOUR SCIENCE,...MY SCIENCE,...AND REMEMBER,...MY SCIENCE IS FINAL!”

Excellent rebuttal to independent evaluations. There were much more mature discussions of media bias in this thread. 
Just stick to the Q forums. 

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, FirefightnRick said:

Making  my point for me.  Thank you.

Your posting of the LA official makes mine, conspiracy theorist. You and your ilk are dangerous. 

Overall, we rate True Pundit not only Questionable, but also a far right conspiracy site that rarely publishes credible news. This is a far right conspiracy source that cannot be trusted for accurate news reporting.

• Overall, we rate Breitbart Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, publication of conspiracy theories and propaganda as well as numerous false claims.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Your posting of the LA official makes mine, conspiracy theorist. You and your ilk are dangerous. 

Overall, we rate True Pundit not only Questionable, but also a far right conspiracy site that rarely publishes credible news. This is a far right conspiracy source that cannot be trusted for accurate news reporting.

• Overall, we rate Breitbart Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, publication of conspiracy theories and propaganda as well as numerous false claims.

Oh no,...your ratings don’t like right wing bias?  Say it ain’t so Joe?

And me my ilk’s dissenting opinions are dangerous.  Maybe we should be locked up, right Comrad?   LOL

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

4 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Oh no,...your ratings don’t like right wing bias?  Say it ain’t so Joe?

And me my ilk’s dissenting opinions are dangerous.  Maybe we should be locked up, right Comrad?   LOL

I have tried to use the same source for evaluation so here is a sampling. They aren’t my ratings. https://mediabiasfactcheck.com

I don’t know it well enough to vouch for it 100 percent but it tracks with most other evaluations I have seen. 

• Overall, we rate Forbes Right-Center biased based on story selection that tends to favor the right and the political affiliation of its ownership. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting, rather than High due to some misleading or false stories related to climate science.

• Overall, we rate the New York Times Left-Center biased based on word and story selection that moderately favors the left, but highly factual and considered one of the most reliable sources for news information due to proper sourcing and well respected journalists/editors. The failed fact checks that occurred were on Op-Ed’s and not straight news reporting.

• Overall, we rate CNN left biased based on editorial positions that consistently favors the left, while straight news reporting falls left-center through bias by omission. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks by TV hosts. However, news reporting on the website tends to be be properly sourced with minimal failed fact checks.
  •  
  • Overall, we rate the BBC Left-Center biased based on story selection that slightly favors the left and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information.

• Overall, we rate The Economist Least Biased based on balanced reporting and High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record.

• Overall, we rate Vox Left Biased due to wording and story selection that routinely favors the left. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting, rather than High, due to two failed fact checks, with only one offering a correction.
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

4 hours ago, 97and03 said:

I have tried to use the same source for evaluation so here is a sampling. They aren’t my ratings. https://mediabiasfactcheck.com

I don’t know it well enough to vouch for it 100 percent but it tracks with most other evaluations I have seen. 

• Overall, we rate Forbes Right-Center biased based on story selection that tends to favor the right and the political affiliation of its ownership. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting, rather than High due to some misleading or false stories related to climate science.

• Overall, we rate the New York Times Left-Center biased based on word and story selection that moderately favors the left, but highly factual and considered one of the most reliable sources for news information due to proper sourcing and well respected journalists/editors. The failed fact checks that occurred were on Op-Ed’s and not straight news reporting.

• Overall, we rate CNN left biased based on editorial positions that consistently favors the left, while straight news reporting falls left-center through bias by omission. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks by TV hosts. However, news reporting on the website tends to be be properly sourced with minimal failed fact checks.
  •  
  • Overall, we rate the BBC Left-Center biased based on story selection that slightly favors the left and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information.

• Overall, we rate The Economist Least Biased based on balanced reporting and High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record.

• Overall, we rate Vox Left Biased due to wording and story selection that routinely favors the left. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting, rather than High, due to two failed fact checks, with only one offering a correction.

Thanks but I can decipher through the bs for myself.  

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

12 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

I can’t think of anything more ridiculous than getting my advice on health from the Crypt Keeper?

This is your Director of Health.  Good God!!!,....  just  how bad has it really gotten out in L.A.?

C572FCC8-4E33-46A3-A793-4A4350E47D8C.jpeg.e53243744822c477e0373dc2f3ad3b52.jpeg

https://done.com/why-is-a-social-worker-dictating-covid-19-policy-for-the-countrys-largest-county/

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Glad to see that you are using a website founded less than a month ago to drive your thinking.  You are using an article that has no author, framing things in a way to deliberately mislead the reader.

For example, Dr. Ferrer is NOT a social worker.  The author took the name of one of her degrees and used it to tell a narrative that fit his/her (again we don't know who it is) point of view.  In fact, her PhD is in public health policy from a top-ten grad school in social policy, including US News recognition as a top school for public health policy and public policy analysis. As many have pointed out here and elsewhere, these measure are a policy decision and not purely a scientific one.  Appropriately, she is the policy head of a huge public health department, with 100s of medical and policy experts advising her.  So not only is she not a social worker but she also isn't dictating policy. 

This article is a pure opinion piece (at least it says op-ed instead of claiming to be a news piece) and was written solely to criticize the individual heading LA Country health policy.  As the article below (from a known news sources with the authors clearly identified) indicates, the hit piece you linked is mostly just echoing Ben Shapiro talking points.  And if you think that a woman with tons of public health experience and a PhD in public policy isn't qualified to coordinate the public health response in LA but Ben Shapiro is, then I don't know what to tell you.  The fact that a public health policy expert has to give interviews to justify her position is a little silly.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/i-dont-make-decisions-by-myself-l-a-county-health-director-barbara-ferrer-responds-to-criticism-of-her-credentials/

In response to critics who have questioned her credentials as director of the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, Barbara Ferrer cited the collaborative process involved in leading the agency during the COVID-19 crisis.

In an interview with KTLA on Saturday, Ferrer explained that the department employs more than 100 physicians, dozens of them infectious disease doctors.

For weeks, Ferrer has led daily coronavirus briefings as the county’s top health officer.

She has become a familiar face to many Angelenos. She has brought sobering news, including the outbreak’s toll on the community, which remains under strict measures as the epicenter of the pandemic in California.

“I appreciate the concerns,” Ferrer said of detractors such as conservative podcaster Ben Shapiro, who recently questioned her scientific background.

Ferrer has served more than three decades in the public health field, including as Boston health commissioner. She holds a doctorate in social welfare and masters degrees in public health and education.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Glad to see that you are using a website founded less than a month ago to drive your thinking.  You are using an article that has no author, framing things in a way to deliberately mislead the reader.

For example, Dr. Ferrer is NOT a social worker.  The author took the name of one of her degrees and used it to tell a narrative that fit his/her (again we don't know who it is) point of view.  In fact, her PhD is in public health policy from a top-ten grad school in social policy, including US News recognition as a top school for public health policy and public policy analysis. As many have pointed out here and elsewhere, these measure are a policy decision and not purely a scientific one.  Appropriately, she is the policy head of a huge public health department, with 100s of medical and policy experts advising her.  So not only is she not a social worker but she also isn't dictating policy. 

This article is a pure opinion piece (at least it says op-ed instead of claiming to be a news piece) and was written solely to criticize the individual heading LA Country health policy.  As the article below (from a known news sources with the authors clearly identified) indicates, the hit piece you linked is mostly just echoing Ben Shapiro talking points.  And if you think that a woman with tons of public health experience and a PhD in public policy isn't qualified to coordinate the public health response in LA but Ben Shapiro is, then I don't know what to tell you.  The fact that a public health policy expert has to give interviews to justify her position is a little silly.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/i-dont-make-decisions-by-myself-l-a-county-health-director-barbara-ferrer-responds-to-criticism-of-her-credentials/

In response to critics who have questioned her credentials as director of the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, Barbara Ferrer cited the collaborative process involved in leading the agency during the COVID-19 crisis.

In an interview with KTLA on Saturday, Ferrer explained that the department employs more than 100 physicians, dozens of them infectious disease doctors.

For weeks, Ferrer has led daily coronavirus briefings as the county’s top health officer.

She has become a familiar face to many Angelenos. She has brought sobering news, including the outbreak’s toll on the community, which remains under strict measures as the epicenter of the pandemic in California.

“I appreciate the concerns,” Ferrer said of detractors such as conservative podcaster Ben Shapiro, who recently questioned her scientific background.

Ferrer has served more than three decades in the public health field, including as Boston health commissioner. She holds a doctorate in social welfare and masters degrees in public health and education.

Ferrer wouldn’t have received so much mocking criticism if she hadn’t misspoke and scared the hell out of everyone by stating their lock downs were going to continue the next 3 months.  Which caused mayor Garcetti to walk back, then followed by an apology by Ferrer herself while clarifying what she originally meant.  .

And no one gives a damn who or where the criticism comes from.  People Are hurting, especially The  business owners, all who are fed up with the shutdown $hit by government leaders who seem so out of touch while.still getting paid themselves.  

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

10 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Your strongest asset is making assumptions. 

• Eye Roll 4