FBI/DOJ - IS THERE A BACKLASH COMING?

This is based on what is coming out in the Flynn case, BUT trying to stay out of the politics and keep pro/anti Republican/Democrat feelings aside, here is my question -

Based on what is going to be a potentially very public mess, will there be lawsuits coming against many who were convicted based on the FBI investigations of their particular cases?

Will they claim be that the FBI and DOJ  have an Institutional habit of of this behavior? If lawyers can get back before a jury you can bet they will be saying "if they can do this to him, just think what they could do to you.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Michael Flynn was railroaded by Comey's FBI

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/michael-flynn-was-railroaded-by-james-comeys-fbi?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true

...”The final nail in the coffin of those who pretend political bias did not influence the FBI’s decisions in 2016 and 2017 is a text exchange between Strzok and Page on Feb. 25, 2016, discussing how to approach the Clinton interview:

Page: “One more thing: She might be our next president. The last thing you need us going in there loaded for bear. You think she’s going to remember or care that it was more DOJ than FBI?”

Strzok: “I called Bill and relayed what we discussed. He agrees.”. 

Compare that to Priestap's quote: “What’s our goal? Truth/Admission or get him to lie, so we can get him fired?”

The contrast is stunning. No plausible explanation exists here other than rank partisan, political bias.

I’ll say it again: Michael Flynn got railroaded.“....

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 4

Rick, I think the Flynn issue will only expose a systematic problem. I am in no way anti-FBI, but to believe this is unique to Flynn is doubtful. When we hear the term "Deep State" I know it triggers emotions on all sides, but when you have agency after agency that seem to believe they are above the rules for everyone else there are going to be major problems. This is why I would like to see term limits and better over site of agencies. 

• Upvote 3

this systemic and Current Director Wray is not helping the case by refusing to release text messages from Gov't Phones. Yes Flynn plead guilty but look at his circumstances, he was bankrupt and evidence was shown that the FBI was threatening to also hall his son off to jail, he was desperate and now we also see his lawyers did not utilize exculpatory evidence that should have been used in court.

Edited by untbowler
  • Upvote 3

........”Here’s a timeline of the key moments and news articles of the efforts, per Obama’s direction, to prevent the Trump administration from learning about the FBI’s operation against it.”.....

https://thefederalist.com/2020/05/08/obama-biden-oval-office-meeting-on-january-5-was-key-to-entire-anti-trump-operation/

Rick

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2

On 5/9/2020 at 2:32 PM, Censored by Laurie said:

don't really have a strong opinion on Flynn...just here hoping this benefit of the doubt vis-a-vis criminal acts and law enforcement continues in the future...

considers posting Georgia news...😶

Seems like many of the cases are never what they seem from the reporting. We seem to be quicker and quicker to judge and convict or exonerate based on what we see in the first reporting, or a short video clip.

Agree, as we move forward we need to make sure that the benefit of innocent until proven guilty is extended to all, not just one side or the other.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 3

22 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Seems like many of the cases are never what they seem from the reporting. We seem to be quicker and quicker to judge and convict or exonerate based on what we see in the first reporting, or a short video clip.

Agree, as we move forward we need to make sure that the benefit of innocent until proven guilty is extended to all, not just one side or the other.

been happening for decades, see Duke Rape Case, UVA Rape Case, Covington School media just has to report and destroy lives, then beg for forgiveness or just flat out get amnesia and forget it ever happened.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2