'21 CB Offer: Jakelyn Morgan; Tyler Lee: No Composite Rating At This Time

Why is it people automatically assume he would choose UTSA?

Does this mean, for example, we would automatically get any player from Argyle due to Tate or any school where a UNT alum is coaching will automatically favor us? If this is reality, then I think a lot more coaches would be hired based on teu HS connections. Believe a lot of players don't always like their coaches

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Does this mean, for example, we would automatically get any player from Argyle due to Tate or any school where a UNT alum is coaching will automatically favor us? If this is reality, then I think a lot more coaches would be hired based on teu HS connections. Believe a lot of players don't always like their coaches

You're not understanding Traylor's reputation with other high school coaches in East TX.     He earned that (however he did) over years of dominance at Gilmer.   He's a 4X THSCA Coach of the Year.   Dude is a demigod out there.

Just watch.    I bet at least 1/2 of his recruits this year will be from East TX.

And most players LOVE their coaches... especially players who have coaches that put them in positions to be recruited by FBS programs.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

UTSA's coach is an excellent recruiter with strong ties in East Texas. 

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

You're not understanding Traylor's reputation with other high school coaches in East TX.     He earned that (however he did) over years of dominance at Gilmer.   He's a 4X THSCA Coach of the Year.   Dude is a demigod out there.

Just watch.    I bet at least 1/2 of his recruits this year will be from East TX.

And most players LOVE their coaches... especially players who have coaches that put them in positions to be recruited by FBS programs.

You no a while back ago we hired the "god" of high school coaches in America at the time. No all of his players followed him nor all those in his general area.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

You no a while back ago we hired the "god" of high school coaches in America at the time. No all of his players followed him nor all those in his general area.

Todd Dodge’s 2008 (his 2nd) class was one of our better classes since returning to D1, and not just because of Riley.  We had already turned in a 1-win 2007 season under him, yet he pulled that class in because he was so well-respected by the TX HS coaches.

Again, I’m not talking about players that played FOR Traylor.  He’s been out of the HS ranks long enough that none of these guys played for him.    I’m talking about the influence he has within the HS coaching community in East TX.

Just like Dodge was found out soon enough, Traylor will produce losing teams @ UTSA & the shine will wear off.  

• Upvote 5

18 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

UTSA's coach is an excellent recruiter with strong ties in East Texas. 

That' exactly what the sports insiders are saying in the San Antonio/ south Texas area. The question they have is can he coach them up & be effective in the head coaching area in big time football?

• Upvote 3

On 5/9/2020 at 9:59 AM, Mo Green said:

That' exactly what the sports insiders are saying in the San Antonio/ south Texas area. The question they have is can he coach them up & be effective in the head coaching area in big time football?

I bet half of them will see how bad The UTSA Football Program is and be in the portal in 2 years.

That coach won’t last long because who the hell wants to go to UTSA

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...