4 star Texas OT signs with..... Charlotte

5 hours ago, p_phelps said:

https://247sports.com/player/tykieast-crawford-46042429/

Late qualifier. We mentioned him right after signing day after being unsigned... looks like we never went after him.. 

Also this bumps us down to #3 class in CUSA

We were bumped down to #3 because CUSA and Rice have three and four more commitments than we have and two of our commitments have yet to be given a rating which means for now each is given a rating of .7700.  One of those (Jalen Jones) should be our highest rated recruit thus far.

2 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

We were bumped down to #3 because CUSA and Rice have three and four more commitments than we have and two of our commitments have yet to be given a rating which means for now each is given a rating of .7700.  One of those (Jalen Jones) should be our highest rated recruit thus far.

This is for 2020 not 2021. 

After seeing how these rankings fluctuate due to class size (see 2019 for example with FAU and others with over 30 recruits), I tend to look at avg rating. For example, even with this signee Charlotte has a middle of the pack at best average.  Our ranking has not been stable during the last couple of classes but our avg has put us as a solid second two years in a row. And that is pretty much where we should be since we aren’t going to have 35 commits like other schools might. Quality matters the most and that seems to be reflected in the rating average.

That being said I am still jealous of them getting even one 4 star. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 97and03 said:

This is for 2020 not 2021. 

After seeing how these rankings fluctuate due to class size (see 2019 for example with FAU and others with over 30 recruits), I tend to look at avg rating. For example, even with this signee Charlotte has a middle of the pack at best average.  Our ranking has not been stable during the last couple of classes but our avg has put us as a solid second two years in a row. And that is pretty much where we should be since we aren’t going to have 35 commits like other schools might. Quality matters the most and that seems to be reflected in the rating average.

That being said I am still jealous of them getting even one 4 star. 

Especially at the Oline for 4/5 years. I think that's what hurts the most. Theyre so hard to get already. And its ....Charotte. I'm assuming they had to be the only team on him for him to go there

Edited by p_phelps

This guy is obviously a big academic risk.

I doubt NT was beat out by Charlotte, NT chose to get players with much higher probability of playing.

Over the years, NT has signed players like this and most never make it to school or if they do not for long. 

Charlotte may be a school were academic challenged athletes do well.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2